The Kuartlotron - keantoken's simple error-correction superbuffer

Why is it recommended to use the Fairchild transistors? What is wrong with the ON Semi ones?
OnSemi owns several fab plants, bought at different times, and situated at different locations. From vendors, it occurs that some are parts shipped at half-specs, and rather too often. This is especially inconvenient if you had expected matched pairs. I'm finding it unnecessary to say more on that.

Also i have a few questions
When we have the need to put a buffer between source and amp?
my source has 0.1Ω output impedance and my amp 100ΚΩ its necessary the buffer?
The source with 0.1Ω output impedance should see a constant load ?
Can i put the pot after the buffer between buffer and amp lets say 10ΚΩ pot?

Post links have never quite worked right on this site...

I designed the current PCB. It's a mono 5x5cm board. Pricing is $3 shipping plus $8 per board. PM me your info. I will try to get something more convenient set up.
Post722 has a link that takes me to posts695
Here is the link

Construction and BOMs:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/anal...error-correction-superbuffer.html#post4834519
this link also took me to post695.

Then post696 suggests you add a link to post1. But that has still not been done !

Last edited:
I have seen a few of your posts stating this 0.1ohm for output impedance.
What kind of output stage does your DAC have?

guys I apologize for the stupid question, but where is this buffer reccomended to be placed at best? between the preamp and the final amp? between the analogue source and EQ/preamp?

Engineers would say there is usually no need for a buffer, unless you're driving long cables or you have a high impedance input like a phono cartridge. One good place for it is after the volume control to reduce the source impedance seen by your amp. It can be good to have a few available as a diagnotic tool as well.

With a direct connection there is no technical reason to use a buffer. Since the volume pot can have a high output impedance, it is usually best to put the buffer after the volume pot.

Actually I did right after you posted that. I even updated that link earlier today.
Your link does not work.

Go to post695.
click on the post number and the Browser takes post695 to the top of your screen,
Right click on the post number. Firefox gives the option to Copy Link Location, Click on that.
Paste that into post1
IE offers the option after right click of copy shortcut.
Click on that and then paste into post1.

Last edited: