The Kuartlotron - keantoken's simple error-correction superbuffer

I used thisl one with a 10k pot at the input.

Attachments

• Kuartlotron1.png
    Kuartlotron1.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 802
Hello everyone

After some private message requests for the manufacturing files and Sprint Layout, I decided to make them available for everyone.
On the images the name 'KEANTOKEN' has a small error and it is repaired in the attached files in the archive.

The first version I made and hand made that works perfectly is visible here but I made some small aesthetic and practical changes.
The Kuartlotron - keantoken's simple error-correction superbuffer

Interested, if some boards are available.
A small production of 10 printed circuits is launched and I will have two to three pairs available in some time.

Regard's

Attachments

• Kuartlotron Files.zip
    418.5 KB · Views: 224
Okay. Well that is interesting, since it's the first time I've heard of a problem with the bass. The boards I sell use a 100k input resistor, the original circuit used 10k because some early users wanted to use it DC coupled. If you are using an input capacitor try using 100k instead of 10k.

Hello everyone

Visibly a small trace poses problem for some manufacturers with the track connected to the ground plane, so I modified the layout to correct this problem.

;)

Attachments

• TOP LAYER 1.JPG
    TOP LAYER 1.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 721
  • TOP LAYER 2.JPG
    TOP LAYER 2.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 681
  • Corrected Manufacturing Files.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 145
I know the pcb design programs are designed for production assembly, not diy and this is a bit late in your design procedure but is it possible to increase the size of the donuts and also the space between the donuts and the surrounding 'planes?

As it is, the small donuts and narrow clearances increase the chances of a 'short' plus when altering components, it's rather difficult to avoid board damage

Ok, had another go at this. With open inputs the offset is 45mv, r9 is a 1M trimmer paralleled with 1.8M. I can adjust approx 10mv across its whole range. I suppose I need to change R9 to something else but I’m unsure what.

Vbe of 560s were 0.686 and 0.688 and 550s were 0.685 and 0.680.

Hello Silas

R9 is a 1M trimmer with a 1.8M resistor in series and not in parallel.

;)

The values 1M for the trimmer + 1.8M for the resistance correspond to the schematic.
If the trimmer is at its maximum value I think that a 2.2M should solve the problem but maybe it is at its minimum value and at that moment it is necessary to reduce the value of the resistance.
Keantoken may be a suggestion.