JC2 v1.6 preamplifier build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I have started my first ever build and opted to go for a JC2 preamp.

So far I have added all resistors, small capacitors etc., but now I have a few questions for the more experienced members here.

1. In the image, there are 6 positions for capacitors with a positive and negative end. In the pictures I have seen of the JC2, the negative side of the cap is put in the striped area. Is this correct? It looks to me as the striped area is from the positive after the diodes.

2. The other arrow in the picture points to the led position. Does it matter what way I put the led? The led has one short and one long pin. There are two arrows pointing from the right connection hole towards the resistor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3vqp0wgdeahosn/IMG_0671.JPG
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
1. Based on the orientation of the diodes, the striped are is where the positive lead of the electrolytic caps should go.

2. The long lead of the LED is the positive side (anode). Yes, it makes a difference, it will only light up if oriented correctly.

Thank you for the reply :)

If you look at this finished JC2, the capacitors is positioned with the negative in the striped area. JC 2 Preamplifier Class A Dual Differential FET Input per Amp Assembled Board | eBay
That also appears to be the case for the two smaller caps in the middle of the board.

I bought the kit at Jim's Audio, but there are no pictures of the completed pcb there.
Symmetric Complementary J FET Preamplifier JC 2 Kit | eBay

As for the two leds, they should both have the positive pin in the left hole then?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.