Rane pot help please...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Evening all, I have a set of Rane eq30 eqs and an AC23 crossover, which are in daily use. One of the pots has become noisy, introducing squelch and hiss on just this one channel (mid level, right channel.) I haven't tried cleaning it, thought I would just replace straight away and get a couple of spares whilst I'm at it.

I need your help finding the right pot to replace it with.. It has a surround rather like on Fender amps to hold it to the board and the only digits I can found on it are..

549t 50KA

So I take it's a 50ohm pot, but any more than that I don't know. Very interested to find original spec or upgrades!!

Thankyou, Rod.

Evening all, I have a set of Rane eq30 eqs and an AC23 crossover, which are in daily use. One of the pots has become noisy, introducing squelch and hiss on just this one channel (mid level, right channel.) I haven't tried cleaning it, thought I would just replace straight away and get a couple of spares whilst I'm at it.

I need your help finding the right pot to replace it with.. It has a surround rather like on Fender amps to hold it to the board and the only digits I can found on it are..

549t 50KA

So I take it's a 50ohm pot, but any more than that I don't know. Very interested to find original spec or upgrades!!

Thankyou, Rod.

Why not call Rane and order the right part?

Rane Factory Contacts

They still make the EQ.

Great idea - I have just emailed them. Thanks.

Here's a pic if anyone here in the uk knows a source in case Rane let me down (or its too old!!)

13a6df29db516fdb3c4be93a8773a9cc_zps2c894a0d.jpg

4b5c0fcca1f35d3aeea62e34ebb95821_zps82ee18a7.jpg

226f047d1c1f802513c9ce744979f1ef_zps58b10b74.jpg

Why not call Rane and order the right part?

Rane Factory Contacts

They still make the EQ.

Thankyou - I emailed Rane and they blew dust off boxes (this is a 1991 X-over!) and they have found and are sending me a pot foc.

What an amazing service! I can't wait to get this fitted, the Xover has been upgraded with different op amps and sounds wonderful, just this little bit of noise to get rid of and my system is done..

:cheers:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.