Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Merging two channels with passive low passes
Merging two channels with passive low passes
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2013, 10:01 PM   #1
OllBoll is online now OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default Merging two channels with passive low passes

Hello there,

I'm planning to merge two balanced line level outputs into one:

If I've understood correctly the most simple way is to put a series resistor on each +- and then connect them accordingly.

However, I have passive first order low passes on the channels and I think that this low pass could fulfill both purposes but thought I'd check with the experts first =)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0105.jpg (30.9 KB, 31 views)
Old 12th April 2013, 05:04 AM   #2
Chris Hornbeck is offline Chris Hornbeck  United States
diyAudio Member

Your drawing will be fine for balanced signals, but if you have the usual unbalanced signals (hot and ground for each channel) the circuit will be simpler. Unbalanced signals essentially always have grounds in common, and these are simply connected to the sub amp's ground, no resistors in the ground's line. Also, you really only need one capacitor. Notice that your two caps are in parallel.

All good fortune,
Chris
Old 13th April 2013, 12:08 PM   #3
OllBoll is online now OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thanks and for the answer and now that I look at it I think you are right about the cap =)

You too,
Olle

Merging two channels with passive low passesHide this!Advertise here!