Help with 6-Bit R-2R Relay Attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to copy the volume control for the Aleph P 1.0 with the pot and ADC to control the attenuator relays. I have been reading that the circuit can be unstable (random switching between values). Does anyone know a cure for this problem. I could switch to a PIC based solution, but I really don't need the complexity I just need volume control, and I don't know how to program a PIC either. I also don't want to use a rotary encoder solution, as my preamp chassis has a giant 10K pot and most rotary encoder won't fit on the knob. Thanks.

you can look at the AMB delta1 relay atten system. (ob disc: I helped design it).

you can use as many relays as you want, up to 8. the software is open and anyone can modify it. it is meant to be controlled via IR or motor pot or simple single track linear pot. there are also options for rotary encoder use.

amb.org/audio/delta1

hth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.