MUSES 72320 electronic volume

Joined 2002
Paid Member
NJR came from Japan and delivered some samples to us at Pass Labs and they seemed rather excited about them. Rightly so it is a very nice part and hence it was used in the XP30. Mac is also using it and you will see it in more products soon. NJR has some audiophiles that really want to make good parts. And this part works great if used correctly, no internal amps you choose your own or build them.

Hi Wayne,

that's your big advantage. I think I won't get any samples at all:rolleyes:! And I haven't found a distributor that sells one part to tinker guys like me.

Your XP 30 is a very nice device! I didn't have the pleasure to hear it but I read all articles in german press.

Are the examples in the data sheet to the jfet and bipolar input opamps recommendable?

Best regards

Thomas

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I think the examples work well on the data sheets but it has so much range we only use the front section. It feeds quad fets. Another good part is the Maxim 1882. It has 63 dB range and is inexpensive plus available.
Was the XP30 in hifi & Records?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Wayne, your XP30 made it to replace the Thorens TEP 3800 as the reference preamp for the "Stereoplay" magazine - maybe Google Translate can help you on the german article here.

Thank you. Google translate helps and is always improving but some of the German technical words are hard. Being a typical american I barely know English. I should of payed more attention to my German and French grandparents.