Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

MUSES 72320 electronic volume
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th March 2018, 08:39 AM   #391
andorianer is offline andorianer  Germany
diyAudio Member

I have at the moment three different muses applications in use. The one from melano, the Japanese kit and the one from Hi-end Audio Modules | United States | Academy Audio Inc. Till now no problems at all. For me I have the “feeling “ that melano’s version ( no caps) is the more ‘direct’ one. Acoustic bass sounds amazing. I’ ve installed them in Acrylic cases... so there is no preventive against outside “influences “ , no problems. The power supply is about 15cm (transformer) away. Simple construction with 7805/7815/7915 . For me it seems that your problems are caused maybe on your external wiring (antenna) or on a soldering problem. Once I had on a other SMD project noice that where coused by using soldering paste. After intensiv brushing�� with alcohol/Toothbrush I washed/ brushed away those microscopic tin particles... great success. I seemed that there was a sort of shortcut or capacitor effect .
Old 16th July 2018, 06:21 PM   #392
mpmarino is offline mpmarino  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
I think the examples work well on the data sheets but it has so much range we only use the front section. It feeds quad fets. Another good part is the Maxim 1882. It has 63 dB range and is inexpensive plus available.
Was the XP30 in hifi & Records?
Wayne,

It has only been 6 years since you said you like the Maxim chip. Do you still feel this way?

I want to do something, but I can see myself blowing up a few $$chips before I get something right but I want to end up with something worthwhile too....

TIA!
Old 16th July 2018, 07:53 PM   #393
wayne is offline wayne  United States
Auburn
diyAudio Member

Still use the Maxim 1882 in our integrated amplifiers. I like it just fine for this application 63 dB range and low distortion plus it is quite transparent.
Old 16th July 2018, 10:34 PM   #394
mpmarino is offline mpmarino  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks Wayne! I'll play with the maxim then. My wallet and I thank you very much.
Old 10th August 2018, 07:27 PM   #395
alexcp is offline alexcp  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Another MUSES72320 based volume control

I made a slightly different volume controller with the MUSES72320. The details are in the separate thread. The control is done by an Arduino with an appropriate sketch. I attach some pictures, the schematic the board, and a FFT graph.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0752.png (679.9 KB, 516 views)
File Type: png IMG_0751.png (710.4 KB, 515 views)
File Type: png avc+s_muses sch_Page_1.png (25.7 KB, 520 views)
File Type: png avc+s_muses top silk.png (76.7 KB, 519 views)
File Type: png MUSES27320 1kHz 0dB gain.png (49.4 KB, 483 views)
Old 13th August 2018, 10:18 PM   #396
SomekPoland is offline SomekPoland  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcp View Post
I made a slightly different volume controller with the MUSES72320. The details are in the separate thread. The control is done by an Arduino with an appropriate sketch. I attach some pictures, the schematic the board, and a FFT graph.
I love how you based on Bruno Putzeys preamp from „The G-word...”! Exactly What I’m designing right now. Please see my „Daddy preamplifier” thread here at diyaudio.com.
Old 18th August 2018, 04:44 AM   #397
Trajan is offline Trajan  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcp View Post
Is this for sale in the future?
Old 18th August 2018, 04:46 AM   #398
johnhenryharris is offline johnhenryharris  United States
diyAudio Member

preamp control with a processor, or one chip, or many. I also designed a volume, input, mute and IR remote for fun. See:
Click the image to open in full size. Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level Click the image to open in full size. Preamp Control -Volume,input,mute, remote
Have a good one,
John
Old 18th August 2018, 04:58 AM   #399
mercedese63 is offline mercedese63  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhenryharris View Post
preamp control with a processor, or one chip, or many. I also designed a volume, input, mute and IR remote for fun. See:
Click the image to open in full size. Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level Click the image to open in full size. Preamp Control -Volume,input,mute, remote
Have a good one,
John
John, your links above take me right back here which I find somewhat confusing.
Where exactly is a schematic or thread about your design??
Old 18th August 2018, 12:45 PM   #400
alexcp is offline alexcp  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Is this for sale in the future?
It certainly can be if there is enough interest.
At the moment, I have a few bare PCBs left from my build.

MUSES 72320 electronic volumeHide this!Advertise here!