Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Just getting back to this project after a long hiatus.

My board is all fully stuffed. So I am trying to remember my component and design choices etc.

Audio Note tantalums are the Output resistors fitted I think. I know I also have Vishay nudes somewhere to try.

0.22uf Wima MKP10 fitted but remember that I also bought some Russian PIO and other caps to try in that position.

I also see I have the 10ohm 5W resistor fitted so was expecting to go level 2(?) hotrod - not the full monty.

So my concern in planning my DIY chassis is the size of heatsinks.

The enclosure that I have planned is quite short ~55mm tall with the psu caps and potted toroid to come through the top panel valve amp style. The heatsinks will be 4or5 pieces the same along each side of enclosure all mounted together with angle and plate aluminium. From what I've seen it should be sufficient but I would like to see some more completed builds. I have been looking through the thread to find pics of completed builds to see specifically the kinds and sizes of heatsinks used on level 2 hotrods. I find many of the image links have expired (photobucket etc.).

Can y'all kindly point me to relevant post numbers showing pics of completed builds? 500odd pages is a lot to scan.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Here‘s mine, still unfinished but working perfectly.
image-2021-01-26-15:28:04-502.jpg

I built a mezmerize 10 years after, but kinda hotrodded it to what I think was level 2.
BOM told me to use those sinks, most builders have just used the floor plate as heatsink (but then maybe with lower „bias“).

Heatsink is 50 high, 100 long, and warms up to around 40°C on the warmer side...

Hello everyone, Good morning to Salas to whom my thanks go for his availability and his projects.
From a few days ago I restarted the hotrodded, bringing it to the maximum heat level. the improvement was incredible.
If you want to upgrade, what do you recommend to buy? it seems to me that the capacitors should not have much influence ... so what should I turn my attention to?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: