Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I remember the size of the bloody bouncers!

Sorry folks, Salas and I heading down memory lane is diverting the thread a bit.

Good work Salas. Keep it up fella :)

I remember the white older head bouncer guy and the two massive blacks. The leader would just say ''another night gentlemen'' if he was not to get us in. If we asked why, he would have replied ''drugs''. Then we were off to Archies. No further argument. :D

Cheers.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
You want to make a low CCS running DCB1 plus tap off for powering an optivol if I understood correctly? What is the consumption of optivol?

That´s really funny... After 10 month of Lightspeed/Optical Volume Control pcb GB, i had finished my first own pcb in July.
Since than i don´t power it up. So i must measure the max. current it needs...:eek:

Perhaps you could tell me the current of the DCB1, so i could calculate the resistor value myself.

If i am not wrong both currents + 20% for the shunts, right?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi dvb-projekt
As you're involved in Blue DCB1 project, would you please publish a wiring scheme in the "Optical Volume Control Professional PCB" thead ?
It would be greatly appreaciated ;)

Thanks

You mean how you connect the OVC-PCB with the DCB1?

Input Signal- OVC in - OVC Output - DCB1 Input - DCB1 Output - Output Signal

There is substantial draw as you found. Either balance with 12R on the +side you want to tap off for it, or relegate an own reg for it.

Sure your right. For best performance i will take one separate reg for it.