Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th October 2018, 01:07 PM   #5761
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribute View Post
Hi Salas, Thanks for the info, that should do the trick & quite unbelievably, cheaper than F/Bay.
Now sorry for the nob question, but normally I never, never work with 240 AC, How do I connect up the wires!!

Cheers

Its datasheet shows brown to live, blue to neutral (primary side colours to the mains plug).
Mains earth third wire from the plug just tie it to the chassis with screw and nut for safety.

Secondary side colours to the electronics:
Black and yellow put them together to the middle input of the board's AC connector.
Put red to one of its corner inputs, orange to its other corner input. No matter which.

https://docs-apac.rs-online.com/webd...6b815bd18d.pdf
Old 23rd October 2018, 05:12 AM   #5762
tribute is offline tribute  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Salas, Thanks for the connection sketch, did not see it on my link to the site. However now understand how to connect.

Many Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 02:32 PM   #5763
keith1962 is offline keith1962
diyAudio Member

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere but I have not been able to see it.
I have the black Hypno boards. I am intending to use foil caps for the .22uF caps and the ones I am using have an indication for open foil end. Would it be better to connect this end to the + or the -, or does this not matter?
KR
Keith.
Old 30th October 2018, 03:17 PM   #5764
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

If it matters in this case, the lower impedance point in the positive section is the (-) and in the negative is the (+) to orient the outer foil ends of those Vref bypass capacitors.

With bigger sized capacitors mainly, the outer foil becomes less susceptible to external interference when connected to the lower impedance side of the circuit.
Old 30th October 2018, 03:38 PM   #5765
keith1962 is offline keith1962
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the quick response Salas. Understand that now and you answered it in the way I should have asked it ie. Which is the lowest impedance point on each side.
KR
Keith.

Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 buildHide this!Advertise here!