Preamplifier Dispre 2 - JFET

Hello all builders,

I would like to place a warning here. I have received a feedback from a builder who had a problem to setup a preamp. The problem was that there is a manufacturer who produces BC560 transistors with reversed pins compared to usual and recommended type in the BOM. I am attaching images of both correct and 'wrong' (reversed) packages. Please do not use CDIL transistors. Use ON Semiconductor or Fairchild, e.g.

Attachments

• BC_package_correct.PNG
    BC_package_correct.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • BC_package_wrong.PNG
    BC_package_wrong.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,036
Dispre 2 Jfet complete...

Dear all,

I have finally completed the Dispre 2 preamplifier wiring and installed the boards in the Modushop 1U enclosure.

Initially, I was supposed to use 34AWG Belden RG-59 coax cable but due to such a short signal path, they were terribly inflexible. :bawling: I stripped the shield and used the inner conductors as wiring. Input wire is about 3 inches long, while outputs are an inch or so.

The switch is just a dummy as I plan not to use one since the preamp will be on forever. Plastic extension shaft couples the ALPS pot to the knob. Green LED this time.

Fantastic huge sound when I pair it with Rod Eliiot's P3A amp.I have yet to find a pre that can better this Dispre.:)

Attachments

• Dispre_wiring complete.JPG
    Dispre_wiring complete.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 1,087
  • Dispre layout.JPG
    Dispre layout.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Dispre 2 main system.JPG
    Dispre 2 main system.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,013
Last edited: