Active crossover modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Biamp M2/V electronic crossover that I need to modify. I have a very basic understanding of active filters so I need some help. What I want to do is lower the crossover point below the 100Hz, lowest setting on the controls. I am going to use this as a band pass filter with a subwoofer. The H.F Out are not going to be use, only the L.F. Out will. It has a high pass filter that has a range of 20Hz to 100Hz. That will be set to around 30Hz. Then the crossover limits the high frequencies which now the lowest setting is 100Hz. I would like to lower that to around 50Hz.

Now the Freq. Control dial for the crossover is controlled by a switch that selects ether a 100Hz - 1kHz range engaged or a 1kHz - 10kHz range disengaged. In the attached schematic the switch connects two sets of capacitors. Seeing the way this works then larger capacitors should lower the crossover range more. Is this correct? And if is then how would it be calculated?

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• M2-V Schematic.jpg
    M2-V Schematic.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 292
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.