Need volume control on active filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ! I have built an active high pass filter exactly as shown in the figure below for my UCD 400 amp. ( figure done by Collo from his website)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I wanted to add a volume control. I wired RCA input---> high pass filter ---> potentiometer. But the volume is so low that i have to put my ear on the speaker to hear. The output from the high pass filter is connected to input of the pot. The wiper/output of the pot is connected to the input of the amp. Ground of the pot and the high pass filter are connected together. May I know what i have done wrongly ?

Is there a way to add volume control to the circuit above ?

Last edited:
First check if you have 0V DC at the output, or close to it. If you have a large DC (more than a few 10s of millivolts), check your circuit connections, especially power supply.
The filter circuit has a gain of unity, so it should not be reducing the amplitude of anything above its cutoff frequency. What frequency is it set to? If you are not driving a tweeter directly (which could be damaged by low frequencies), bypass the filter and go directly from the source to the potentiometer and see what you get.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.