Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

Yes, it's log and you may calculate different kinds of input impedances and resistor values, however step size is limited by relay numbers to 1dB/step.
Please note that our volume controller is designed with constant output impedance.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's log and you may calculate different kinds of input impedances and resistor values, however step size is limited by relay numbers to 1dB/step.
Please note that our volume controller is designed with constant output impedance.

Regards,
Tibi
Thanks Tibi for your quick answer. Now I managed to find the discussions that have taken place in this thread. I just had misspelled the word "logarithmic". :rolleyes:

Hello!
Ready ATMEGA 8515 Procion the preamplifier, which was presented at the first page. PHILIPS RC5 remote actuated, all functions twice a touch away. Did you see this problem? What could be the solution to it? Please, who knows sgítsen of improvement.

Attachments

• IRelfokbels.jpg
    IRelfokbels.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,099
  • IRelfokkijelz.2.jpg
    IRelfokkijelz.2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,079
Hi, is it possible to use the ULN2003 IC instead of the relay to drive the transistors in the circuit?,

ULN2003A is an array of seven npn darlington transistors. You may use this to drive relays directly and gain some PCB space and maybe reduce cost. However, you still need a microcontoller to drive ULN2003A. It is nonsense to use ULN2003A to drive transistors.

Regards,
Tibi

Hello Danzup and everyone else, I want to build a similar project but using Arduino (probably Nano) with latching relays, shaft encoder and stepping volume control (r2r probably). An e-ink display would be nice too.

Could you suggest an existing project thread on DIYAUDIO, or better yet, are you interested in porting your software to Arduino?

Thanks for all the inspiration and design work that you have shared!

Hello Danzup and everyone else, I want to build a similar project but using Arduino (probably Nano) with latching relays, shaft encoder and stepping volume control (r2r probably). An e-ink display would be nice too.

Could you suggest an existing project thread on DIYAUDIO, or better yet, are you interested in porting your software to Arduino?

Thanks for all the inspiration and design work that you have shared!

I will show/post how to use Nano with the relay board r2r and software that is needed for this but will take some time as now I am very busy on my actual job.

Hi Danzup
I will be getting pcbs fabricated for R-2R / SHUNT VOLUME CONTROLLER with 4 selectable sources.

I will need some guidance soldering chips and smd parts.
Also I have no experience in programming, this will be first time-So pls guide how exactly should i proceed.