Ready made graphs that can import data

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there a ready made graph available for audio. X axis with a log frequency scale and vertical scale which is customizable . Just import the data from an Excel or txt file and get a plot ?

The Excel plots I can make look ugly and I am finding it hard to figure out a lot of things. Background colour and fixing the X and Y axis first and then using the data points on the Excel file.
Like my data set has 10 sets of data in each octave and I want the X axis to only show a typical log frequency scale with minor frequency lines visible.

I tried to Google for info but I got such a deluge of info I couldn't find what I wanted easily.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks.

Edit: Can any existing audio measurement software import external data in txt form and plot out a graph ? I think this is possible but not sure which ones. Will check out PVC consultants -- FRD software.

Maybe I should be specific about Excel.
I've attached a graph from Xbaffle . It might be rather silly but how do I go about making a graph like that with the scales as shown .....Log Frequency on the X axis and linear on the Y axis.
My freq response data has 10 points in each octave .

Thanks.:)

Attachments

• sample graph-1.jpg
    sample graph-1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 89
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Ah yes, it took me a while to crack this one. If you double click on the legends on the axes it will bring up the menu and you can select logarithmic in the scale sub-menu. To get the proper logarithmic scaling you need to right click on the graph for "chart options" and then "gridlines" to add "minor gridlines."

If you ever find out how to persuade Excel to do paper from 20Hz to 20kHz rather than 10Hz to 100kHz, let me know...

Attachments

• impedance.gif
    impedance.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 76
Thanks ole chap .
That's very much like what I want to do. I'm sure Excel experts might be able to do the scaling very easily. Looks like none of them are reading this post !
I'll work on this and if I get that 20 Hz to 20 Khz plot I'll post it here.
Thanks again.
:up:

Ha.......! I think I've cracked that one ! 20 hz to 20 Khz plot.
I've managed to make that but couldn't get the vertical grid at just the displayed numbers.
More plodding ahead. And many more ....:drink: :drink: before solving that one ! It's almost 11pm here and about 28deg C (!) with humidity at about 80%. VERY uncomfortable. So after my next :drink: I'll pack up for today and pop into my comfortable bedroom.

I'll post all my files when I'm finished so that all the people who have looked at this thread and have NO IDEA what to do can do it themselves.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.