My firtst tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a Triode electronics ST_70 and I have a question (Im having trouble). One concern I have is this: Should I be seeing continuity between the positive speaker posts and ground? My guess is no since I have tested my theory on a solid state amp (which I understand Is very differently designed). I am seeing almost zero resistance here. I have Insulated the shaft of the metalic posts to prevent shorting with the case on one channel, the other channel will be substantally more difficult and would appreciate some input on this before doing the other side.
thanks

Good question!
Are you measuring the resistance with the output transformer wired up to the speaker terminals?
The secondary windings on tube amp output transformers don't have much resistance.
You do have to make sure that the speaker terminal posts are isolated from the chassis by arranging the hole size to match the insulators on the (binding?) posts.
If you could post a pic, it could help to visualize the situation.
Cheers
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.