2200 uf 6.3 v Black gate for 2200 uf 16 vdc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a kenwood kd but looking at the powerboard is almost 10 cents worth.

In powersupply just after the rectifiers there are two 2200uf 16vdc caps elna caps.

Thinking about changing and using the b.Gates 2200uF 6.3 v NX.
Can i solve the vdc 16v elna > 6.3v b.G. with a b.Gates parallel of ± 50vd...
or take the risk of just only the 6.3 vdc.

Can I use an NX at that spot anyway ?

Anybody.............

Thank you

Is an elna 25 vdc 2200 uF...not 16v

There is 18v across ....
Can i add parallel a 50 v bGates to make it..or too complicated for his PWS...
Attach a pict. if needed.

The elna´s are just the industrial ones but of small size due to little space.

There are two 5518 on the board as well. Any use repalcing.

The thing is it is a nice turntable but this boards is really <.
So there is a lot more juice in it ... playing vinyl quite often.

Max

Paralleling them will not increase the voltage handling. It is hard to say how long it would run before they ruptured.

You can use a cap with a higher rated voltage, but not smaller. I would not use anything lower voltage than the original - especially if it is under-designed already.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Just replace with caps of equal voltage and value and be done with it.
Assuming the thing was competently designed you aren't improving it significantly with the changes you propose.

Never replace a higher voltage cap with a lower voltage one unless you know beyond any doubt that the original was over specified for the application. Generally for good reliability an electrolytic cap should not be run at over 70% - 80% of its rated voltage unless the manufacturer indicates otherwise for derating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.