• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

GK-1 Post toddler cupboard dive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So my kids are now at an age where hopefully they will stop prodding speaker cones therefore I've dug out my gk1 and aksa 55N.

Hugh was already gracious enough to forward me all the old paperwork I had misplaced and I have somehow got the remote working.

Next issue is the sub outputs appear dead.

When I connect the subwoofer to the regular pre-outs, it works fine. Before I dig out Allen keys to open the case can anyone provide advice on where I should start looking for the issue.

Thanks all and hope all you wonderful people are doing well.

Blimey I really did bodge this. No sub wiring ( must be thinking of another amp)

And really scarily a wire soldered the the centre point of the analogue PCB and just wrapped around the mains earth point. I assume I had an odd ground look with hum issues.

Looks like I'm doing some soldering tomorrow.

Sorry all for lazily spamming the forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.