Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 23rd March 2020, 12:50 AM   #1
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Life in the time of the Virus

It seems now most of Europe, US, Australia and Asia is now in the grip of the most infectious virus the world has seen since the 1918 Spanish Flu.
All non-essential businesses, and even Schools and Universities, are about to shut down in Victoria, if not most of Australia. This will have a profound effect on small businesses, family life, and particularly on social life for all of us.

With a number of underlying health issues, my wife and I are in the zone and need to be very careful. No parties, no personal contact with friends and family, and minimised association with other people in any situation.

This is a moment in our lives where we need to remain calm and learn to spend our time in solitude, hopefully doing something useful like reading a terrific book, learning something of the world in a documentary, enjoy music, or - dare I say it - build something of beauty like an Aspen Amplifier!!

In the last eight years since my AAA nearly took me out, I have produced one after another of new designs. We have the latest version of the Maya, the SAKSA, the open source ALPHA and ALPHA Nirvana published by XRK971 in the SS forum. This last amp is a rare design from me; it is a Class A of quite unusual high efficiency (43%) and it does 39W into 8R. The sound quality of this amp is peerless, up there with my Maya.

I would like to offer my best wishes to all Aspen customers from past, present and future; and suggest that we will all get through it. It's serious, but with intense quarantine and isolation we will flatten the J curve and quickly contain the contagion.

And finally - buy an Aspen module, and put it in a box for your wonderful enjoyment through the next six months!

Ciao,

Hugh
Old 23rd March 2020, 01:28 AM   #2
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Could the above qualify for what 'Private Eye' refers to as 'Desperate Marketing'!

Here's part of a tweet highlighted in the current issue of the satirical magazine: "Help yourself today by self-isolating in comfort with a fresh new mattress from Mattress Man."
Old 23rd March 2020, 04:14 AM   #3
suresh is offline suresh  India
diyAudio Member

Dear Hugh,
Yesterday Indian Prime minister called for self curfew. social media helped a lot in knowing the seriousness of the virus issue. all Indians cooperated well by staying at home from 7 am to 9 pm. Indian government locked down 80 districts until march 31. it may get extended depending on the number of infected case . in my place pondicherry section 144 imposed.

Hugh and all aspen family members...Better stay at home and enjoy music .
Old 23rd March 2020, 06:13 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Could the above qualify for what 'Private Eye' refers to as 'Desperate Marketing'!
Quite right, if a little acerbic, Sir!

HD
Old 23rd March 2020, 06:16 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi Raj,

Yes, the entire world is alerted to this virus, but the good thing is that a highly infective virus is subjected to fast mutation, so this might well spend itself quite quickly.

Thank you for your best wishes; and I return the very same to you and your family. Mostly the virus attacks the elderly, so you should all be fine, but the children seem to be highly infectious so we need to avoid kissing babies!

HD

Last edited by AKSA; 23rd March 2020 at 07:24 AM.
Old 23rd March 2020, 06:55 AM   #6
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galu View Post

Here's part of a tweet highlighted in the current issue of the satirical magazine: "Help yourself today by self-isolating in comfort with a fresh new mattress from Mattress Man."
All's fair in love and war and business
Old 23rd March 2020, 06:58 AM   #7
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Como'n, this is a commercial part of the forum... guys...

//
Old 23rd March 2020, 07:10 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Yes, but I find the click bait thread title a little distasteful, hence my comment, BTW, it is a "thing"
Old 23rd March 2020, 08:36 AM   #9
stvnharr is offline stvnharr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoplin View Post
Yes, but I find the click bait thread title a little distasteful, hence my comment, BTW, it is a "thing"
You should be ashamed of yourself. You have never posted in the AKSA forum ever before. This is not BT or Black Hole.
May you fly away.
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:06 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvnharr View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Don't be silly, if he wasn't in any doubt about the appropriateness why say this?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
dare I say it

Life in the time of the VirusHide this!Advertise here!