Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 15th May 2020, 10:25 PM   #31
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Life in the time of the Virus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
This is a rebuild of a Bedini 25.25 that I intend to complete in the next week or two. I bought the flanged sinks from Conrad Engineering and the custom smaller ones (8FT with one half of fins removed) trimmed to fit, some time back. Mr Wales was extremely helpful. The only problem I had was drilling the holes into the flange. The drill press chuck is too large to get close to the sink, so the TO-3s were laid out length wise. The new sink is ~ 80% larger than original. Have a new 400 VA trafo & new PSU boards with 40 000 uF for each channel. The problem is getting the case finished off, but can & will be done later. Time to get these boards working. The lock down is helping. PCBs will be below flange with TO-3s top side.

Kevin
I love that build, it has a look to it that is missing from my high density SMD designs that relaxes me just looking at it.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 15th May 2020, 10:27 PM   #32
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

edbarx,

Our demise will be self inflicted I suspect. It could be as simple as redesigning our DNA just because we can, whether for increased life expectancy, greater performance, to make better soldiers or to support space travel. And in time we’ll become a different species and we, the ‘old species’ will be gone.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 5th September 2020, 04:50 PM   #33
maty tinman is offline maty tinman  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hugh, I just remembered you. I hope you are well.

Various Artists - Troubled Troubadours (2020), Vinyl, Iron Mountain Analogue Research, Australia
https://twitter.com/nauscopio/status...78988379885569

PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.
Old 6th September 2020, 10:27 AM   #34
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Moderation of commercial forums is generally left to the forum owner. The moderation team rarely take the first steps here. However, all forums on diyAuio must abide by the rules.

No Medical Threads
Old 7th September 2020, 04:15 AM   #35
Variac is online now Variac  Costa Rica
diyAudio Editor

We'll let this thread continue as "Life during wartime", but theorizing about the virus itself, and how to control it is not allowed and off topic. Political comments are also not allowed throughout the forums. The alternative is to close it permanently which we will do if there are further issues...
Old 7th September 2020, 04:24 AM   #36
Variac is online now Variac  Costa Rica
diyAudio Editor

Or taking joy in another's misfortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondogenerator View Post
Schadenfreude isn't gallows humour- it is the act of laughing at another's misfortune.
Old 7th September 2020, 04:26 AM   #37
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Very droll, Bernard.......!

Hugh

Life in the time of the VirusHide this!Advertise here!