Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 23rd September 2019, 04:22 PM   #11
pan53 is offline pan53  Austria
diyAudio Member

Ha ha! ))

I knew it!

Thats why I did not post this photo in the first place.... lol

Be merciful on me, thats a work in progress (and my first self built amp too).
When the second module arrives, I will care for the details. Shorten any cable which is too long, twist the cables coming from the transformer, take care of the LEDs, make everything neat and tidy.

But with the photo you refered to you raised the bar to olympic hights!
I'll do my best to come as close as possible... :-)))
Old 23rd September 2019, 04:57 PM   #12
maty tinman is offline maty tinman  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan53 View Post
But with the photo you refered to you raised the bar to olympic hights!
I'll do my best to come as close as possible... :-)))
Same modules but in mono from other ensambler, NORD:

[IMG, link] https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/3920/l1FE0X.jpg

You know, beautiful case -> buyer is willing to pay more to show off, but as soon as he takes a look inside, with that wiring and over the wires above the transformer ..
Old 23rd September 2019, 05:29 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I get your point.
Thanks for the pictures.
My next photos won't come anytime soon though... ;-)
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:33 PM   #14
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Peter,

Within reason, I have never found that heavy, expensive wires inside and/or out of any amp have much emphasis on sound quality.
One exception: I have found silver wire over copper have a bad affect on the sound, adding HF hash on the presentation. This sort of wire is used in the aerospace industry because it can carry high current, low weight and strong resistance to corrosion. Usually sold with Teflon insulation (Whitemore and Tygadure).
I try to use six nines with multiple layers of copper wires, rated to eight amps, suitable for speaker and power supply wires.

Nice photos!!

Hugh
Old 24th September 2019, 06:26 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the clarificaion Hugh. Only one question remaining due to the naming of wire in different countries/languages: What is "six nines with multiple layers of copper wires" ?
[Can I look up (on the internet) a picture or a classification table of wire in the english speaking countries? ] Sorry for bothering you with a question the answer of which most of you will know...
Old 24th September 2019, 07:13 AM   #16
unmibh is offline unmibh  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi pan35,

Lovely pictures and congratulation on your first build. I notice the ground cable on your SMSL on the picture looks like about to come off, suggest you secure them before it create problems.

Regards,
Rom
Old 24th September 2019, 07:55 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Wiring

There is an intermediate term. Just take into account the physical laws, for example, that force and energy decrease exponentially, with the squared distance.

What areas are the most sensitive? The transformers and the coils thus radiate. The power cables, if they are long and the audio section.

No one who has a little idea will think of passing certain wires over a transformer that is not shielded!

Seeing the wiring and the layout of the modules many things can be deduced.

[IMG, link] https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...zed-jpg.28904/

I wrote:

Quote:
There is a good distance between the SMPS and the modules. The power cable is covered with a mesh. The breathing grilles are far from the audio circuitry. You can tell they know what they do when they mount the amplifier so well!

Star quad, the best geometry to build audio and power cables

Star quad, the best geometry to build audio and power cables
Old 24th September 2019, 08:00 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

By the way, Hugh, I have managed to further improve the sound of my second system, better optimizing Windows for multimedia and other media player settings. It will be more and more a whim to change the amplifier! Last week I made two improvements. The sound is more analog and pleasant than before and... and I have managed to increase the depth of the sound despite usually listening in near field!

Last edited by maty tinman; 24th September 2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 24th September 2019, 08:00 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hi Rom,
thanks a lot! I fixed the cable, it was a bit loose. The space on the backside is very constrained, one has to be careful not to get a short circuit by touching cable terminals.
I am really looking forward to have everything (the 2 SAKSAS) in one case neat and tidy.
Old 24th September 2019, 08:37 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Maty,
thanks for the law to work or look from ("that force and energy decrease exponentially, with the squared distance") and the links and pictures, much food for thought. I am aware that I have to thoroughly rework the routing of the cables inside the amp. Was thinking about making some "pillars" (brackets) to fixate the cables apart from each other to achieve maximum distance. The sub-chassis with the grid would facilitate that. As I mentioned before, I will do that when the 2nd module arrives.

Finally! My SAKSA 85 up and running :-)Hide this!Advertise here!