Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 24th May 2019, 06:14 AM   #1
noviygera is offline noviygera  United States
diyAudio Member

Default First Watt J2 to which Aspen designs?

I've been thinking of trying another solid state amp in my multi-way horn system and I've had my eye on one of Hugh Dean's designs.

I have a few good (in my view) sounding amps, such as the Yamaha B2, First Watt J2, Sony N7B, Naim Nap150x.

I can't afford the Soraya CB105, so I wanted to get a taste of what Hugh's engineering is about. So given what I have, which one would be a good one to try?
Don't mind a little DIY here and there.

Out of what I have I like the J2 best overall but it's runs a bit hot and is slightly polite sounding for my taste, does't have enough "drive and dynamics".

ALPHA 20 or NAKSA 80 or what's going to outshine the J2 in dynamics without losing out in beauty and organic sound?

thanks!
Old 24th May 2019, 07:18 AM   #2
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

I would suggest the SAKSA 85. It has wonderful sound quality, runs with 42V rails, and does two 85 outstanding watts into 8R, almost double into 4R, and an amazing emotional, musical experience.

The module is stereo with built in power supply and it costs $AUD930, which is $USD642. Bargain for what you pay........

Hugh

First Watt J2 to which Aspen designs?Hide this!Advertise here!