• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Aksa 100 N+ (In need of repairs)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All, Hello Hugh!

I'm in desperate need of some documentation

Quite some time ago I bought three AKSA amplifier, a 25 n+, 55n+ and 100n+. I have switched things around in my system, moved to a smaller house and ended up giving two of my amps to my brother.

My brother has been hearing a clicking, popping type noise from time to time through his speakers. He was attributing it to his furnace, or possibly another item turning on. One day he heard this clicking, decided to turn everything off, unplug everything and opened the cover of the amplifier up to check it for dust and blow the inside out. He plugged everything back in, turned the preamp on, then the amp. There was a power on thump, which wasn't uncommon for power up. But this time after the thump there was a buzzing noise and the smoke starting coming from the voice coil area of the 416-a woofer. (I explain like this only because I want to describe it exactly like my brother describes. I wasn't there so I don't want to add anything unknowingly with my startup procedures or descriptive terms.)

I've been removed from the DIY game for quite some time. Could this have been a case of old voice coil failing or other issue.

On one channel of the amp, both fuses are blown and one of the parallel resistors is fried. I would replace the fuses and resistor then run through the final check voltages, etc, if I could find the documentation...But I can't find the documentation for my AKSA 100N+.

Thanks all for your time,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.