• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Fuse for Maya

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hugh,

I dont recall the numbers correctly but i know you will :)

I am in the process of building some power conditioners (Felix: very well discussed here in AC and in know some Aksa builders have them).

The Felix project itself will be included in the powercord and will have a fuse.
I have 230V mains.

- What value of fuse are we using in the Mayas (for a stereo version, so 2 300VA toroids) ? 10A ?

- Can i remove and bypass the fuse in the Maya if using the Felix Powercord ? Maybe not, i can switch powercords and boom :eek:

- Felix powercord will call for a 10A fuse , slow-blow, 250VAC.

- Or maybe i can bypass the fuse in the Felix powercord, but that will leave the CMCs exposed to AC even when the Maya fuse cuts!

Hi Felipe,

Good question but you guess right! I fit a 10A M2015 slow blow fuse but since the outputs can run up to more than 48A continuous - well beyond the power supply - a fuse of up to 15A would be just fine and give you a little more protection for very loud music.

You could bypass the Maya fuses IFF you have good fusing at AC AND DC on Felix. If the Felix is only AC for mains, I would not suggest bypassing the DC fusing on the modules. BTW, there should also be a 15A in the mains IEC at the Maya too. You won't have a gaboom if you remove the DC module fuses, BUT, it's not good practice.

The Felix at 10A slow blow is just fine for the Maya as long as it's the only device connected to the Felix.

Don't take out the fuse on the Felix though. That is never a good idea, and the effect on the sound quality is negligible to have a good fuse.

Good luck and thanks for the post!

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.