Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 10th January 2018, 09:24 PM   #11
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Filipe,

Some audio amps use a 0.22uF self-healing 250VAC poly across the two primary supplies, often in series between active and neutral with a 10R 1W flameproof resistor.

This will extract much of the AC noise over and above the 50/60Hz mains which is finding its way into the speaker. But I'm actually surprised this gets through the PS filter supply, and I'm wondering if this might also be radiated EMI. It's a bit odd to me, I will think on this more.

Hugh
Old 10th January 2018, 09:33 PM   #12
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

It lasts for "a fraction of a second". I'd bet it's RF put out by the arcing switch contacts
Old 10th January 2018, 11:16 PM   #13
MAAC0 is offline MAAC0  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Saf

Strange things happening in Porto...It is normal to hear a "tchak" or "pum" when switching things. Remember "... This apparatus must accept ...interference ... in the manuals..."
I live in Santo Tirso (20Km away) and I don't have those problems at home. Well sometimes my computer UPS trips due under-voltage... I would call an electrician to check Your wiring. What You can do is to verify if the cables in the wall are all tight fastened on the outlets and if the fasteners on the fuses (GFI) are also tight. Sometimes they want to sell apartments fast and work ugly...
By the way, nominal Voltage in Portugal is 230 (L-N) /400 (R-S-T) V.+-10%, but I know a place (wedding farm) where one phase carries only 180V.

Try a capacitor between the contacts (Just one). I believe it's arcing noise. You could also try filtered multi-outlets ("triplas"). The only appliance that upsets my house wiring is a 1500W Xenon disco strobe and You hear the UPS howling.
Old 10th January 2018, 11:24 PM   #14
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Of all the cities I've visited Porto is by far my favourite, a beautiful, fascinating place and strange things do happen after a visit to the port houses........the town a couple of miles from me is called Port for short
Old 11th January 2018, 12:54 PM   #15
saf is online now saf  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Ahah ! Yes strange things happen in Porto, but most are due to Wine consumption

Thank you all for the inputs. I ordered an EMI filter plug for the dishwasher machine (simple plug and play), plus a couple of 0,047uF caps for the switches on the electric curtains. Lets see what happens!

My voltage oscilates between 229v - 236v during the day, but never lower than that.

AC incoming signal passes on to speakersHide this!Advertise here!