Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 29th December 2017, 03:01 AM   #11
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thank you Sene, Filipe and Lyn!!
Almost ready to slip into 2018, my God, I'm still alive!!
(more than Clydesdale than Mustang, Filipe!)

Hugh
Old 29th December 2017, 05:05 AM   #12
andyr is offline andyr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh View Post
Merry Xmas and Advance Happy New Year to HUGH DEAN and all Aspen family members.
Expecting Hugh to design more exciting amplifier in future .

Regards,
R.Suresh.
I agree, Suresh - it's about time Hugh designed an 'exciting amp' (rather than the boring ones he's come up with so far)!

No seriously, all the best for 2018 to Hugh and the Aspen Amps' family.

Andy
Old 29th December 2017, 05:21 AM   #13
Geoff-AU is offline Geoff-AU  Australia
diyAudio Member

Season's Greetings, Hugh! It's wonderful to see you enjoying a great bonus round

I have an AKSA 55 from 2005 that I built along with a Rod Elliott pre-amp to power a set of speakers of my own design - Vifa P17WJ + D25AG in a ported bookshelf enclosure and first order series crossover. These have all survived 10 years in a coastal location (glad your detailed instructions advised coating PCBs with lacquer!) and still sounding fantastic. Had them going yesterday providing plenty of ambience while painting the ceilings, with occasional breaks in the sweet spot to fully appreciate things. It makes me happy that I'm enjoying the work of Aussie audio designers!

I bought myself a pair of HD 600 cans for Xmas, and building a starved plate SET / mosfet follower headphone amp for them. Never done any tube stuff before so I felt like doing something a bit different I doubt it will sound anything like the beast you are cooking up though!!

Cheers, all the best for 2018 and beyond!

Geoff
Old 30th December 2017, 08:22 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thanks Geoff!

I am thrilled an AKSA 55 has made it to 2018 and still giving good service, and with your own designed speaker too! They say a 1st order is a very good sound, and I'm sure that with the tube hybrid it will sound even better. Is it the Pete Millett design?

I continue to design new amps, many of which I have not heard yet, I'm ashamed to so. Building and listening is the same as Design + Time + Energy + Money, until it exists it is just make believe!

Happy New Year and good health through 2018.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 30th December 2017, 12:26 PM   #15
Ronmeister is offline Ronmeister  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Too Late & Early

Too late for the Christmas wishes, but just in time to wish you, Hugh, ahem, a healthy, happy and prosperous 2018. After the birth of our daughter this magnificent hobby of (h)ours has been pushed to the back ground... slightly. That said I've followed your latest endeavors with great interest and will be designing a new music / movie room in '18 to be built in '19 or early '20! This will undoubtedly involve one of your creations Hugh. My granite based Lifeforce/Soraya is still going strong but I'm simply too curious after reading "the latest". All the best Hugh, hope to touch base soon.
Old 30th December 2017, 12:43 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Thanks Ron!!

A pleasure to hear from you again, and congratulations to you and your lady for being new parents!!

My youngest is now married and living in Brooklyn NYC, my golly, how life goes on! The latest, the Maya, bears her second name and without doubt is my best.

Are you still 'at sea' most of the year still? These days I cannot travel, it is most regrettable but I'm getting used to it.

Happy New Year, and good health to you, your family, and all other Aspen family around the globe.

Ciao,

Hugh
Old 30th December 2017, 02:52 PM   #17
Ronmeister is offline Ronmeister  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thanks Hugh, they're on board with me now, celebrating Christmas and New Year. Congratulations to you too, and yes, life goes on. I'm still spending 6 months a year at sea, 3 months on / 3 off approximately. If you can point me in the right direction I'd love to read a bit more about the Maya, you know sea-internet, a little direction goes a long way...
Old 31st December 2017, 02:59 AM   #18
Geoff-AU is offline Geoff-AU  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
I'm sure that with the tube hybrid it will sound even better. Is it the Pete Millett design?
I've looked at Pete Millett's SSMH but I'm actually going to build the Rogers Gomez NP-100v12 first - but I'll run the plate at 24V instead of 12V.

I'm also integrating a USB DAC into it switchable with analog input so I can plug it straight into my PC for a neater solution, or use any other DAC (PC, iPhone etc) to drive it as I feel like. Bit of a fusion of old and new

I am interested to build the Millett design at a later date so I can compare

Merry Christmas and Happy New YearHide this!Advertise here!