• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I am a little late for wishing happy holidays, but here it goes anyway : Merry Xmas and Happy New YEar to every member of AKSA family !

I hope Hugh particularly very pleasant times and a strong health for 2019.
Here's a wish for him to continue to marvel us with his joy and enthusiasm for life, society and friends.

I continue to feel blessed for our paths to have crossed in the past, and i believe i always will.

All the best to you all, let the audio bliss fill your heart.

Filipe

I wish you all aspen family members and Master Hugh Dean a Very Happy Christmas and New Year. I wish this New Year bring more Creativity and New Products from Aspen Amplifiers . Hugh dean's contribution towards this diyforum has been outstanding . He has shared many designs for diy community and shared his knowledge for members . His experience and his products speaks for this .

Thank you Raj!! You give me too much credit for my ideas!!

I have been rather slow to move this year sending my Christmas greetings to the Aspen family and DIYers. I suppose it is the heat in our Australian summer and my age - a few days ago we suffered through 43C, and in my area of Melbourne, 44C. But this is the southern hemisphere, most of DIYers are in the north, were the seasons are inverted and they are huddling through the cold of winter!

2019 has quite a big change for Aspen. I have sold quite a few amps, more Mayas and SAKSAs, but I have ventured out into Class A with the ALPHA, and now the ALPHA Nirvana. These are Class A, open source designs which my friend XRK971 publishes on the SS forum and they are creating a bit of news for a few of our builders as excellent Class A amps, a different sound to my usual Class AB amps.

I would like to offer my thanks to my supporters, past present and future, and hope that they enjoy a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and good health into the next decade. I have enjoyed this last year very much, and the interest in Class A has buoyed my enthusiasm for the audio and our wonderful DIYers. I thank all of those who communicated with me through 2019, and hope we all enjoy good health through 2020 and beyond!

Hugh

Hi AS,
The first and second stages are totally different to suit an expectation that the Omega, a commercial product, will leverage on the design lessons from the AN.
Does this give you the answer you wanted, or perhaps did you want the technical details, which I'm reluctant to discuss as this will be a product I can sell rather than give open source to the DIY market. I have to make some money to support my R&D!!
Happy New Years to you, AS!

Hugh

Hi AS,
Yes, that was terrible. The C130 tore its wings off trying to avoid a collision. It must have been a huge incident; probably carrying a full load of fire retardant. I have done many miles in military Hercules; arguably the safest airplane in the air, a tragedy. Fires in Oz this year have been epic and tragic; at least three or four times worse than any previous year, and early in the summer too. Authorities are talking about 11 million acres laid waste.
Thank you for your post, and to you Sene too, nice to see you here!

Hugh

C-130 Crash Causes?

Hi Hugh,
This is off-topic, but doing a Google search suggests that the problem you refer to has been involved a in a number of crashes worldwide. The first C-130 flight was in 1954 (so, metal fatigue in older models?), and many have been modified to be water bombers (very heavy load on the wing roots).
Regards, Peter:(

Excuse me for interrupting but there is some serious misinformation going on here about the C-130 crash on January 23, and some things are not quite right!

If you wish to know about C-130 crashes just look it up on google and you will get a wiki page listing them all by country of occurrance.

For firefighting purposes, or C-130's used as retardant aircraft, there have been 3 C-130 air crashes.
In 2002, an older model C-130 crashed in California when the wings did indeed come off the airplane while the plane was in a drop run. The wings had been patched up several times. There is a video of this, btw.
In 2008 a US National Guard C-130 fitted with special tanks crashed in North Carolina during a drop run.
On January 23, 2020 a newly refitted C-130Q, a newer version plane, crashed as mentioned, and for as yet unknown reasons. If you wish to know all about this particular plane you can look at an article on Fireaviation.com.
There is a phone video out now that is thus far they only eye witness of the event. Do a google search if interested.

Last edited:
I ran out of time to edit my post so here is another post with some additional information.

List of C-130 incidents: List of accidents and incidents involving the Lockheed C-130 Hercules - Wikipedia

The National Guard Maffs C-130 crash was in July 2012, not 2008.

For good information on the latest incident here is link to fireaviation: An overview of the C-130 incident in Australia - Fire Aviation

I might add that prior to 2002 most aerial retardant aircraft were older WWII vintage aircraft as well as retired DC6 and DC7 aircraft.
Post 2002 it is all different. Now there are newer aircraft frames utilized, including retired passenger jet aircraft. Keep in mind that these aircraft were designed to fly at high altitudes. They were not designed to fly at low altitudes and drop heavy loads to the ground. The margin for error at these low altitudes is not very much, as the January 23 incident confirms.

If you have any interest at all, the youtube video in the Fireaviation article is good information from a knowledgeable source.

Wish you all a Merry christmas and Happy new year. Let the year 2021 be a good year for all around the World. Humanity and Life should be respected . All we need is a World free from Pandemic , War , Anger , Invasion .... Let us spread love and unity in diversity.