• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Brand New Super AKSA - the SAKSA 85!

Yes, I want to know the type of capacitor that I mark in this upload image.

Attachments

• SAKSA2.jpg
    SAKSA2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 947
Hello to all Aspen fans!

Does this Naksa 85 outperform Naksa 100 I heard prior to approximately 2012?

I really think you need to PM Hugh for a definitive answer (so he posts the answer here) - however, as a long-term AKSA customer, I would say that, yes, the SAKSA 85 sounds better than an AKSA 100 dating from 2012.

However, I believe its o/p is 85w into 8 ohms ... not 100w.

Andy

Hi Jyg,
There are four M3 threaded holes in the heatsink affixing the four TO247 mosfets beneath the pcb.
The heatsink is supplied with the purchase ($AUD1060 the lot plus shipping, around $120) but there are no additional holes in the heatsink. It is Casting Al, easy to drill, you can drill you best holes. If you buy the case $120) we eschew the heatsink and use the case, pre drilled and fitted for shipping. All you then need is a couple of fittings, an IEC and switch, and a 300VA toroid with two independent 30Vac secondaries, a standard toroid best purchased from Toroidy in Europe.
The SAKSA is the result of four previous versions, all major improvements. It is very musical, and delivers extraordinary depth of image. I have sold quite a few of them over the last three years.

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Jyg,

I do not have any SAKSA customers in Swisse, but I do have a customer in FOLIGNO, in Perugia in Italy. But it's rather a long way....... If I ask the customer if he would be prepared to see you, and if you are able to travel to Foligno, then you may hear it.
This is not the best answer; I do not have distributors around the world, it is the way I can keep costs down, but it is a possibility. OTOH, there are quite a few comments from customers in this forum about the SAKSA and you will get some idea of how they are from them. Suffice to say, no one complains!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Reactions: 1 user
Hi jyg,
i know hugh's amplifier design approach . he is one of the skilled , passionate and uncompromising in sound quality. i have his maya amplifier for the past 5 years and i am very happy about the sound quality. you know i trusted hugh and i never had any audition and blindly i went ahead to purchase his amplifier. i am a very happy customer. more over hugh is a very nice gentleman, nice friend . i suggest you to go ahead and purchase SAKSA85.

Buying one of Hugh's amps is a leap of faith but most tend to be very happy and become return customers.

Correct! :)

I was lucky enough - it was at least 15 years ago - to be able to take one of my Naim 250s over to Hugh's place, for a shootout against his original AKSA 55 ... as he lives only a half an hour drive from my place.

The AKSA 55 absolutely killed my Naim 250! :eek: So I bought 2 pairs of AKSA 55N+ kits and a AKSA 100N+ kit ... and haven't looked back. :)

When the Lifeforce modules came out, 5 or 6 years later ... I upgraded to them. Then I replaced the Lifeforce modules with:
* 2 x NAKSA 80s (for my mids & ribbons), plus
* a pair of Soraya monoblocs on my bass panels.

Currently, I'm building a pair of Hugh's Class A design (released on DIYAudio) - the 'Alpha Nirvana' - which will replace the N80s on my mids & ribbons.

Andy