• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Maya200

Had a brief Audition of the Maya today and found it very impressive. I didnt have my personal content on me or my kef reference speakers but could tell there is quality straight away after only 5 seconds into the first song. Very revealing and detailed. Heard some details that cannot be heard at all on some systems or even the depth and positioning of them with broader sounds playing. Imagining was spot on! In 2 weeks time Hugh is coming to my house and giving my theater room a try and we will give the Maya another run. For now I have the SAKSA 85 on loan till then [emoji106][emoji16]

HatlessChimp,

Well, lucky you getting to audition these cool amps. :)

Please keep us posted on how the Maya plays with your speakers in your room, and in the meantime have fun with the SAKSA 85.
Yeah just got home. The kids need dinner but I really want to hook the SAKSA 85 up and get it going. I guess I should do the right thing and hook the amp up and let the kids starve. [emoji16]

Here's Hughs demo unit in my cars boot. Should be safe. It's a heavy little bugger!

IMG_20180506_164336_895.jpeg

Time to put up some wonderful pictures of a recent build in Malmo, Sweden, from Tore. He has built a wonderful Maya 200 from a couple of my modules using a wonderful case made, I believe, in Italy. Thank you Tore for these wonderful pictures!

Tore had no problems putting it all together, and it's a text book example of a clean, elegant build, up there with Filipe in Portugal. Here's his Maya!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Now we are talkin !!! I love the encapsulated shinny toroids !! Beatifull inside job, its really really clean. Love it. And a very clever design to use the heatsinks as side plates....really really clever.

Kudos to Tore !
I still prefer mine and Simons though....ahaha....:p it has Hugh's Signature ON IT ! 10x the market value :D

Aha, SAF, there was a time about thirty years ago when my signature meant the death.... I would write the legal, Army response to soldier grievances when I was a staff office in my early thirties and my responses stopped (and enhanced in some cases) a few soldier career.

Tore did a beautiful job, but I have to tell you I believe he is an engineer with an artistic eye. The case was also made in Italy, make sense?

Thank you for your post,

Hugh

Aha, SAF, there was a time about thirty years ago when my signature meant the death.... I would write the legal, Army response to soldier grievances when I was a staff office in my early thirties and my responses stopped (and enhanced in some cases) a few soldier career.

Tore did a beautiful job, but I have to tell you I believe he is an engineer with an artistic eye. The case was also made in Italy, make sense?

Thank you for your post,

Hugh

Makes completly sense to me ! After the Signature Maya entered my home, it absolutly wrote the death sentence on any and every single amplifier that sits close to it. So yeah......Hugh Dean's signature still carries its fame.

As I mentioned earlier, I have used Front Panel Designer. It is actually a very simple CAD tool in which you design your metal works. The actual machining of the metal is then done in Germany and after a few days it is delivered home.

Coincidentally, I downloaded FPD today! (I had been using Visio to draw up front & back panels and then generating '.dxf' files, to send to ModuShop ... but after they recently stuffed up one of my front panels, they suggested I use FPD to generate the .dxf files!

Hopefully, I can ask you Qs if I get stuck?

Andy

Andy,

Autocad is not a very dificult tool to learn and will let you do almost anything with it.
Also it is very easy to fix and adjust the drawing as per feedback from modushop.
I know i have asked for some cuts in my original Maya drawings that were just not possible with their machinery (which is nevertheless quite good).

Andy,

Autocad is not a very dificult tool to learn and will let you do almost anything with it.
Also it is very easy to fix and adjust the drawing as per feedback from modushop.
I know i have asked for some cuts in my original Maya drawings that were just not possible with their machinery (which is nevertheless quite good).

Thanks, saf.

I have downloaded AutoCAD 2018 ... do you know where I can find a User Manual?

(I gave up on FPD!)

Thanks,
Andy

Andy,

Autocad is a professional tool, with millions of users around the world.
Try to learn some basics with Youtube Videos and Tutorials.
You dont need much more than drawing lines, cicles and curves in order to make some fascias in 2D.

All true, saf. I have been using Visio to draw my front & back panels ... Visio can output .dxf files. These were compatible with Modushop's previous CNC machine but their new machine doesn't seem to like Visio's .dxf files - so text doesn't come out correctly.

Gianluca suggested I use FPD but I couldn't figure out how to use it. So when you suggested AutoCAD ... I downloaded it.

But I am unable to understand how to dimension the basic front panel outline (before I start to put the holes and text on it) - hence my request for a user manual for the version that I downloaded (2018).

The "2016 Tutorial" that I found seems to have a different UI to what I see with 2018! :mad:

Andy