Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 13th July 2016, 12:18 PM   #41
andyr is offline andyr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh View Post
I live in Pondicherry. 20 kms from cuddalore my native place. use google earth to have a look
East coast, S of Madras?

(I use 'old names' - I was born in Calcutta! )

Andy
Old 13th July 2016, 12:23 PM   #42
suresh is offline suresh  India
diyAudio Member

yes around 200 kms from Madras (now Chennai)

surprise you were born in Calcutta ! I have a friend Shounak De from Calcutta . but now he is in yubacity California.
Old 28th July 2016, 05:27 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

i had my first listening session on Maya.

my speaker is a usher audio two way bookshelf and i had a Rotel RA-970bx which is being replaced by Maya.

first thing i noticed was the more focused sound stage . then i can hear lot of details crystal clear which i missed with Rotel. sound quality is comparable to a good tube amplifier + additional tiny nuances is a bonus compared to tube. there is no sound compression and there is a fluidity in music . i like it very much. my rotel sounded muddy in the midband areas without clarity in complex music passage . have to listen more and will report here .
Big Thanks to Hugh . And my sincere wishes to Professor for his achievement with MAYA.
Old 28th July 2016, 05:32 AM   #44
andyr is offline andyr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:

my speaker is a usher audio two way bookshelf and i had a Rotel RA-970bx which is being replaced by Maya.

first thing i noticed was the more focused sound stage . then i can hear lot of details crystal clear which i missed with Rotel. sound quality is comparable to a good tube amplifier + additional tiny nuances is a bonus compared to tube. there is no sound compression and there is a fluidity in music . i like it very much. my rotel sounded muddy in the midband areas without clarity in complex music passage . have to listen more and will report here .
Big Thanks to Hugh . And my sincere wishes to Professor for his achievement with MAYA.
Namaste, Suresh - glad you like it! That's why we keep using Hugh's amplifiers - he keeps making them sound better and better!

Andy
Old 28th July 2016, 07:00 AM   #45
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

WOW, Raj, thank you for nice comments..... I am absolutely over the moon about your satisfaction with your system and I will visit my café on my motorcycle and celebrate on a nice coffee and muffin....... Andy, where are you to ask me questions????

Ciao,

Hugh
Old 28th July 2016, 07:48 AM   #46
meanman1964 is offline meanman1964  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Tuesday,My audiofriend(Eric) and I had a shootout between the Maya and an other amp(don't say here which one out of respect)at Eric's place and the Maya wins.
Both amps almost were sounding and behaving equall but the Maya sounded more calm and relaxed but without loosing the things Suresh is saying.
Hugh knows I like my Naksa 80 very much but the Maya is a huge upgraded
N80.If you want to know the opponent just mail me.
Hugh,Great amp
Old 28th July 2016, 08:12 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Thanks Patrick!

Nice to hear.... the Maya is special because it is upgradable to up to 300W by simply changing the rail voltage - no other changes. Only a very good design can do this.

Cheers,

Hugh
Old 29th July 2016, 04:51 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

Heard many more tracks and now I feel how is missed the ambience . Maya reproduces ambience better with control , authority and spot on . I have been hearing a song released in 1992(which is not recorded well ) . i have heard it many times . but hearing the song in maya is something like hearing in tube amplifier with huge dynamics . i am more happy with maya purchase. i wish some maya customers have a shootout with parasound halo A21.
Old 29th July 2016, 06:03 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Raj,
This makes me very happy:
Quote:
....something like hearing in tube amplifier with huge dynamics.
You might be surprised to hear that this was my EXACT wish when I started out with amplifier design in 1993! I love tube amps, but I do not like the price, the lack of dynamics, the weight, and the short life of output tubes. This was my ambition: to design an amp with solid state that sounded like the best aspects of a tube and the best qualities of solid stage - grace with muscle!
I'm getting closer........ thank you for your post.
Ciao,
Hugh
Old 10th August 2016, 03:12 AM   #50
chcmuzza is offline chcmuzza
diyAudio Member

Default Update

After a few months of delays from Hugh's suppliers they have finally come through with all the bits for the Maya casework.

Hugh is assembling the modules etc into the case and despatching to NZ later this week.

I've got the transformers and will look to get this sorted in the next week or so, and then report back around the end of August.

Looking forward to it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maya200.jpg (147.1 KB, 423 views)

Maya200Hide this!Advertise here!