Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKSA Builders of market proven kits and modules at sound quality to rival the best in high end

Old 28th April 2018, 10:50 AM   #101
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Maya200
Very well executed build, great end result.
Old 6th May 2018, 06:30 AM   #102
HatlessChimp is offline HatlessChimp
diyAudio Member

Had a brief Audition of the Maya today and found it very impressive. I didnt have my personal content on me or my kef reference speakers but could tell there is quality straight away after only 5 seconds into the first song. Very revealing and detailed. Heard some details that cannot be heard at all on some systems or even the depth and positioning of them with broader sounds playing. Imagining was spot on! In 2 weeks time Hugh is coming to my house and giving my theater room a try and we will give the Maya another run. For now I have the SAKSA 85 on loan till then Maya200Maya200
Old 6th May 2018, 07:44 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Maya200
HatlessChimp,

Well, lucky you getting to audition these cool amps.

Please keep us posted on how the Maya plays with your speakers in your room, and in the meantime have fun with the SAKSA 85.
Old 6th May 2018, 07:49 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
HatlessChimp,

Well, lucky you getting to audition these cool amps.

Please keep us posted on how the Maya plays with your speakers in your room, and in the meantime have fun with the SAKSA 85.
Yeah just got home. The kids need dinner but I really want to hook the SAKSA 85 up and get it going. I guess I should do the right thing and hook the amp up and let the kids starve. Maya200

Here's Hughs demo unit in my cars boot. Should be safe. It's a heavy little bugger!

IMG_20180506_164336_895.jpeg
Old 6th May 2018, 08:00 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Maya200
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatlessChimp View Post
Here's Hughs demo unit in my cars boot. Should be safe. It's a heavy little bugger!

Attachment 678928
Looks compact and solid, and cozy on the pink fabric
Old 6th May 2018, 11:56 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman01 View Post
Looks compact and solid, and cozy on the pink fabric
I will post a heap of info in the SAKSA85 Thread.
Old 24th May 2018, 04:25 PM   #107
saf is offline saf  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Time to put up some wonderful pictures of a recent build in Malmo, Sweden, from Tore. He has built a wonderful Maya 200 from a couple of my modules using a wonderful case made, I believe, in Italy. Thank you Tore for these wonderful pictures!

Tore had no problems putting it all together, and it's a text book example of a clean, elegant build, up there with Filipe in Portugal. Here's his Maya!!

Cheers,

Hugh
Now we are talkin !!! I love the encapsulated shinny toroids !! Beatifull inside job, its really really clean. Love it. And a very clever design to use the heatsinks as side plates....really really clever.

Kudos to Tore !
I still prefer mine and Simons though....ahaha.... it has Hugh's Signature ON IT ! 10x the market value
Old 24th May 2018, 11:51 PM   #108
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Aha, SAF, there was a time about thirty years ago when my signature meant the death.... I would write the legal, Army response to soldier grievances when I was a staff office in my early thirties and my responses stopped (and enhanced in some cases) a few soldier career.

Tore did a beautiful job, but I have to tell you I believe he is an engineer with an artistic eye. The case was also made in Italy, make sense?

Thank you for your post,

Hugh
Old 25th May 2018, 01:20 PM   #109
saf is offline saf  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
Aha, SAF, there was a time about thirty years ago when my signature meant the death.... I would write the legal, Army response to soldier grievances when I was a staff office in my early thirties and my responses stopped (and enhanced in some cases) a few soldier career.

Tore did a beautiful job, but I have to tell you I believe he is an engineer with an artistic eye. The case was also made in Italy, make sense?

Thank you for your post,

Hugh
Makes completly sense to me ! After the Signature Maya entered my home, it absolutly wrote the death sentence on any and every single amplifier that sits close to it. So yeah......Hugh Dean's signature still carries its fame.
Old 29th May 2018, 05:39 PM   #110
ToreM is offline ToreM  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thank you for all the beautiful words. It's nice that you like my Maya design. May be a bit disappointed - the metal work is not done in Italy. I have used Front Panel Designer which is a German product.

Tore

Maya200Hide this!Advertise here!