• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AKSA 100 N+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I was hoping that I can get help with this problem with one board for my 100 N +. My trouble shooting knowledge is limited but capable of assembling boards and amps and pre amps from kits DIY. I replaced all the caps on both boards. First board powered up no problem voltages good , DC offset good,bias 52 mV seems good.
Second board started with fuses out I noticed Driver T5 and T6 copper heat sink getting very warm. Checked all solder joints connections and cap orientation . check voltage across R26 and R27 , 7 volts and 6.8 volts seems correct.Check voltage between R7 and R8 from right side closest to C5 to earth ground and got 26V seems good. Measure mA Bias,,,,,,, Problem,,,, With probes connected ,,, power up amp mV starts reading at single digits and slowly consistently mV increases to 65 mV at which time I shut down amp. I turned P1 Bias pot all the way counter-clockwise for lower bias,,,,, still same reaction bias mV starts out in the single digits and continues to increase to past 55mV and I shut down the amp. Does any one have a clue as to what has happened. I have put together multiple types of boards with no problem, I do not think I connected anything wrong? Thanks

Hi DJG,

Please email me from my website; I will need a close, detail picture of BOTH sides of the pcb, and you will need to tell me which of the two drivers is hot; the C4793 or the A1837.

Most of these problems are caused by removal and replace; this process can damage the pcb, and it's possible you might have damaged one of the caps or resistors.

It's fixable, but this is not the best medium to interchange the repair process - email is better,

Ciao,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.