• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Merry Christmas 2014

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Friends,

I have been sheepish about responding to the latest posts; but now I can give some definitive answers.......
Firstly, silly season is past, and now we are back to reality again..... it was a nice break, good for my family, and I am now feeling better and motivated, and can relate a few of the Aspen plans.
My principle issue throughout 2014 was business motivation. I lost my 85 year-old Mom in 2014, and there were difficult times for her and her family. My ongoing health issues have necessitated careful adjustment to the medication, but now stable, and my mood improving too. The mood issues are very common with aphasia, a stroke illness affecting the speech area, and heart patients - I took a double dose!

Nevertheless, and discounting my bleating about my health (every morning I am euphoric at getting out of bed!), I have in fact done a LOT of R&D in the last two years. I have been ably supported by a phalanx of worthy clever friends, Steve and Jon, who have done the heavy lifting which inevitably follows on from my napkin doodling in cafes high on espresso.......

A very high power amp is nearly ready.

Here will be the range:

NAKSA 80 lower power, low cost
NAKSA 125 medium power, monobloc design (120W plus rms into 8R)
NAKSA 200 high power (200W plus rms into 8R, more into 4R)
NAKSA 275 Ultra power (275W plus rms into 8R, more into 4R, under development)
An Aspen Head Phone Amplifier, with tone controls (and defeat), outstanding sound quality, and ultra-musical presentation. In development, nearly completed.

A new amp will be released this year which is now designed, prototyped and auditioned. It is revolutionary and will resurrect the name of a 2009 design, the Maya, after my youngest daughter. This amp will be the Aspen flagship, but will be quite expensive, sold as modules. The NAKSA is exceptional, and very, very musical; the Maya is off the planet but commensurately more expensive. All these amps will slot into the existing NAKSA footprint, so they can be 'upgraded', although I will not be trading. Now that the Oz dollar has dropped from parity to 81c US, a drop of almost 20%, making the NAKSA a bargain in the US and arguably the best value amp I have ever made, particularly in light of musicality, build quality and original design.

I have now addressed the website with my genius web developer friend Clancy. I now know how to drive it, I'm so relieved and things will be better now. I have added a new NEWS area just yesterday.

Thank you so much to all who have been supporting Aspen over the last couple of years. I'm resolved to progress rapidly into 2015. I am upbeat about this because I know my philosophies and approaches to audio nirvana deliver outstanding, exceptional products to cultured audiophiles around the world,

Ciao,

Hugh

Last edited:
Hi Hugh,

This is a lot of good news! Those new power amps could be a real hit with potential customers who have always wanted an Aspen amp, but needed more power than previous amps could offer :)

And a headphone amp, eh? Presumably, it could double as a preamp, or ...? ;)

The website update should help a lot towards attracting new customers - it's so difficult these days to generate sales without a well-maintained website. And you know, we do want you to generate heaps of sales so you can develop even better products for us all to enjoy! :D

All the best for 2015 - and hats off for your friends helping out!

Cheers,

Jens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.