• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New NAKSA now arrived!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
$930 AUD per one module?..that will be around $1800 USD for a stereo!...Wow that is insane:eek: This remains me of the brand BOSE lol.
Do not get me wrong but, with that much money I can build an excellent amp from some of our members here like: Nelson pass, Crazycat, Anthony (Aussie amplifier) or my favorite the M400 from HDamp and still have a lot money left.
That AKSA 80 can be an excellent amp kit, but I do not see, picture or find in my mind that people are willing to pay that much money for an AMP KIT
Even though I will not buy these amp kits, I think if He gets "realistic" and lower the insane price He can get more customers.

Hello

Have you read this review? :

Aspen NAKSA 80 amplifier review | Digital Audio Review by John Darko

I have a NAKSA 70 and it's a top of the line high-end sound.

The NAKSA 80 are in the top high-end and to get that kind of sound in a commercial amp you would pay many thousand dollard.

Wen you buy a power amp you don't pay only for the parts and the case, but you pay for years of researchs and developments, Hugh works many years of hard works to made so good sounding amplifiers.

Bye

Gaetan

Take a look at this amp kit (it will not brake your wallet $125 USD) U.S.A made boards. 2sk1058 2sk2221 irfp9240 mosfet amplifier schematic

$930 AUD per one module?..that will be around $1800 USD for a stereo!...Wow that is insane:eek: This remains me of the brand BOSE lol.
Do not get me wrong but, with that much money I can build an excellent amp from some of our members here like: Nelson pass, Crazycat, Anthony (Aussie amplifier) or my favorite the M400 from HDamp and still have a lot money left.
That AKSA 80 can be an excellent amp kit, but I do not see, picture or find in my mind that people are willing to pay that much money for an AMP KIT
Even though I will not buy these amp kits, I think if He gets "realistic" and lower the insane price He can get more customers.

One module contains a stereo amp so one module is a 2 channel amp

Perhaps you should consider that this is not an "amp kit", but a complete plug-and-play module that just needs a toroid to start playing real, beautiful music.

If you want something that you can build yourself, have a look in the Fetzilla threads in this forum - I think there is a new group buy in the making ;)

Cheers,

Jens

Perhaps you should consider that this is not an "amp kit", but a complete plug-and-play module that just needs a toroid to start playing real, beautiful music.

If you want something that you can build yourself, have a look in the Fetzilla threads in this forum - I think there is a new group buy in the making ;)

Cheers,

Jens

Now you took all the fun out! :( . This is suppose to be DIY staff...We need to solder and check voltages etc, etc

Now you took all the fun out! :( . This is suppose to be DIY staff...We need to solder and check voltages etc, etc

Hello,
This is an open forum as in anyone can post. However, most folks seem to know something about the products, etc. You seem to be an exception in that you don't seem to have much knowledge about what's here. Or else you are just out for stupid entertainment and teasing.
There are plenty of amps available for you to do all the soldering, choose and buy parts, test, build, do everything. They are just not here.

Here is for buying a fully built module that works. You can assemble the rest of the amp, check the voltages, set the bias currents and offsets - if you wish.
Here is for those who want a high quality product, not just a cheap anything.

There, for as in your quote, is somewhere else.
And it is impolite to come to a manufacturer forum and suggest a generic product as you have done. You should think a little bit before you post here!

Last edited:
Lanchile,

The NAKSA is not for you. It's too expensive for you; you are looking for a low cost amplifier. You have a belief about prices and nothing will influence this, so at least buy a inexpensive product that you think is suitable. I am not interested selling into the low end of the market; I regard amps as musical instruments rather than cheap commodities. I have too many years spent in careful R&D to waste throwing pearls before swine.

As Meanman, Gaetan, Jens and Steve have commented, the price is for a stereo amp, built, tested, warrantied, and ready for connection to a transformer and input/output wiring ready for use.

If you return to my forum with a combative, negative and sneering way again I will delete ALL your posts. I am the moderator here, and I have given you fair warning.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
$930 AUD per one module?..that will be around $1800 USD for a stereo!...Wow that is insane:eek:

Have you any idea of the hours and hours it takes to constantly refine and tweak a design by ear? That's what commercial designs lack and Hugh's amp provides - still at a way cheaper price than commercially available stuff BTW even if you are not a DIY'er and pay someone to assemble it like I do with Hugh's amps.

Just as an example a guy a I know installed a system and he got a NAKSA 100 to replace a (I think) more expensive Primare A32. Evidently it MURDERED it - it was a joke. Obviously I have heard everything out there but of the stuff I have heard your usual commercial amp simply cant hold a candle to the NAKSA. The only stuff in my experience that can is amps built the same way Hugh does it - listening, tweaking, listening and more listening. And that is a time consuming expensive process.

Thanks
Bill

Have you any idea of the hours and hours it takes to constantly refine and tweak a design by ear? That's what commercial designs lack and Hugh's amp provides - still at a way cheaper price than commercially available stuff BTW even if you are not a DIY'er and pay someone to assemble it like I do with Hugh's amps.

Just as an example a guy a I know installed a system and he got a NAKSA 100 to replace a (I think) more expensive Primare A32. Evidently it MURDERED it - it was a joke. Obviously I have heard everything out there but of the stuff I have heard your usual commercial amp simply cant hold a candle to the NAKSA. The only stuff in my experience that can is amps built the same way Hugh does it - listening, tweaking, listening and more listening. And that is a time consuming expensive process.

Thanks
Bill

OK, NAKSA are the best amp modules!... are you all happy now?
I guess, I "only" have to say good things about NAKSA modules. other way all will jump on me. I ONLY said that these modules are way too expensive for just "assembled and tested" amp kits.(We can all assemble and test them).

I guess, I "only" have to say good things about NAKSA modules. other way all will jump on me. I ONLY said that these modules are way too expensive for just "assembled and tested" amp kits.(We can all assemble and test them).

You are pushing things with comments like that.
But alas your comments also show that you don't know anything much. It's been pointed out to you that there are other places where you can go for a board and parts that you can assemble and test all by yourself. There are plenty of free designs available for that. This is not one of them.
You don't seem to understand that.

Bye bye!

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
might be ok and fair to state the fact that its expencive
but a long debate about how much it costs, thats just silly and pointless

hoped to read about something interesting, and not boring posts about price tag

as if we are all stupid and know nothing about prices :clown:

If you're taking your time to read the story of Hugh Dean at his website you don't say these things anymore.Than you'll understand why is offering these modules.

$1140 USD plus transformer? that will be around $1300 USD...I think that is way to much. your amp can be good but not that good to ask that much. I will pass. Good luck with your "one of a kind amplifier kits"!
I'm glad that Hugh finally made such a fine looking pcb and also used SMD parts. This is sign being modern although you must know the drawbacks of SMD and also the advantages.

Hugh is quite famous around here and he has the right to set any price of his products. It costs quite much money to manufacture pcb's in a small scale so if all development costs are summarized I wonder how much is left.

I wish you good luck and I think it was brave of you to do something like this.

Belated Congratulations

Hi Hugh

The new "80" is indeed a fine looking beast ... to my eyes its the best looking Aspen design yet, and that's saying something. I look forward to future developments from the same part of your mental racing stables - a 110 watt per channel thrasher of NAKSA 100's and Lifeforce 100's:, perhaps?

Regards,

PJ (probbo)

Lanchile,

The NAKSA is not for you. It's too expensive for you; you are looking for a low cost amplifier. You have a belief about prices and nothing will influence this, so at least buy a inexpensive product that you think is suitable. I am not interested selling into the low end of the market; I regard amps as musical instruments rather than cheap commodities. I have too many years spent in careful R&D to waste throwing pearls before swine.

If you return to my forum with a combative, negative and sneering way again I will delete ALL your posts. I am the moderator here, and I have given you fair warning

I don't think this Forum exists for the primary purpose of supplying commercial
vendors like Aksa a platform to push their Ideology and Products to all exclusion
of other views.

It is shameful when the Major spokesperson for the product engages in threats
when presented with contrary opinions. Unfortunately others fall in line with
your personal tactic of, silence or insult different view points.

I have no personal opinion about the Amplifiers but I am unavoidable forming
one not based on Merit. I hope you gain control of Aksa's public and corporate
sales pitch ? Some of your well meaning support is a definite Negative bordering
on Cult status.

How about discussing Engineering and Electronics for the benefit of all of us ?

Maybe this venue is not the appropriate one for selling your more recent Products ?

Good luck with your endeavor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.