• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

An Aksa story.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Moderation

Prof,

This is the Aspen forum. If you come here bad mouthing the products, then as I moderate this forum, and with some limits, I will moderate you.

I will not tolerate you undermining my business strategy. This is a paid forum and the sole intention is to promote, not denigrate, my products.

If you cannot say something positive, or at least neutral, and in particular if you cannot stay on topic, then I will remove your posts forthwith.

I have indulged you until now; some of the things you have said, if posted to another forum, would have resulted in the sin bin. You have had a fair hearing, but you are not learning as you appear to lack judgement.

Hugh

Hi all.

Sorry about the long pause between post.
Truth is, I really didn't have much else to contribute.

So a belated thanks for all the kind words.

I've come full circle in my audio tinkering. Over the past year or so my enthusiasm for things audio has dwindled. My attention is more toward my family and being with them, instead of holed up in the basement trying to decipher schematics. A skill, no matter the effort, I could not master.

Anyway, my first real project, the Aksa TLPn and the Aksa 100n, look like they may be one of my last projects.

They have sorely needed new enclosures, and so for the better part of the last year I've been planning about what I might do.

So after a lot of consternation, worry and work...they are finished.
A fitting end to my "Aksa Story"

Thanks again Hugh.

This is what they used to look like.

And now...

Thanks Hugh!

I now feel as though the TLPn and 100n have cases worthy of the your product.

The part of the build that consumed me the most was the lettering.
I spent large amount of time learning how to acid etch aluminum.
I must have done 30 to 40 small test pieces before I felt comfortable doing the final for the faces and back.
Too bad the photos are so small, the etching is really quite cool to see up close.

Cheers
Martin

Martin,

You could take the pictures with a >10Mpixel digital camera and upload them so they are bigger - but you know that - your small piccies are very well done, maybe you have some larger files?
The etching is fantastic..... what chemical did you use? It looks very, very professional and striking.
These days I build the modules, adjust and test - they are very quick to get to operation. With these enclosures you could move up to the next level with my latest NAKSAs!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh
My original digital files are plenty large.
However, when I tried to insert anything larger than the ones posted, they would show up as a flattened version of the original.
I looked for the link to create an album in my "user cp", but the link was no where to be found. :no:

The chemical used to etch the aluminum uses 1 part muratic acid to 2 parts 3% hydrogen peroxide.
The mask is a reverse laser jet image (the thicker the better) heated onto the aluminum.
Once affixed it is soaked in water till the laser paper releases.
The image is cleaned up and then set in the chemical bath for 4 to 9 min depending how deep you want the etch.

The edges of some of my letters are kind of rough. That comes from depth and the brush texture of the face.

I could have back filled the etched letters with any color paint that struck my fancy. But in the end I just went with the etching.

That's the over simplified version. You can etch circuit boards using the same method.
Some "tutorials" can be found on You Tube.

Cheers
Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.