• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Question Setting Bias on AKSA 100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I needed to replace a fuse in my amp so opened it up for the first time in around 10 years.

After replacing the fuses I wanted to check the bias and performed the following actions:
-ran leads to the emitter terminal on T7 & T8.
-played unit on a loud setting for 20 minutes
-Set meter to 200mv range
-recorded the following readings after 30 seconds idle time
Left Channel 55mv
Right Channel 48mv
-Let the unit settle for 15 minutes and recorded the following
Left Channel 54.5mv
Right Channel 58.2mv

Based on the instructions something does not seem correct with the Left Channel.

Did I do this correctly and what should I do now?

PS: I am not electronics savy!

Thanks,
Darin

Hugh,

Hope your doing well; it's been a long time since I bothered you! :)

From the looks of all your products you have been busy; I am going to get one of those GK-2 from you when they are ready.

On the bias settings its wasn't the variation from left to right that worried me; it was that the lack of change on the left channel after idling for 20 minutes after running hard. The right channel operated as I expected.

Thanks,

Darin

Darin,

sorry for late reply.

Be absolutely sure that all output devices are screwed down tight onto the heatsink; this ensures that thermal equilibrium is uniform across the two modules.

If the left channel is constant, and quiescent never varies, I would ascribe it to a lucky coincidence of tempcos on the bias generator/output devices, and not even think further about it!!

I will put you down for the GK2, which matches very well with the AKSA.

Thanks for the post, Happy New Year to you and your family!

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.