• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Group Buy #2 - FETZILLA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Folks,

I have started a second thread for FetZilla #2 because:

#1 I wish to consolidate ALL orders for GB #2 into a dedicated thread, including new orders presently within the original FetZilla thread;
#2 I want to accumulate orders for 50 pcbs, that is, at most 25 orders, before I actually pay manufacturing and shipping costs for 100 more pcbs (it's a largish outlay and I don't wish to commit until I know I can sell 'em all), and
#3 I prefer to confine user/builder reviews of the FetZilla in the original thread for all to read in one place without distraction from the orders messages.

I don't want orders via email; please put them here. I will update every couple of days, and make a long list. Again, as before, please do NOT pay until I'm actually ready to ship.

There were difficulties with the last GB arising from the connection between the name of the individual, the shipping name, and the forum name. When all three were different this caused some angst, I can tell you. Ultimately, when you pay, your forum name MUST be included so I can make this very important connection!! This way the connection appears ONLY on the paypal notification and so remains secure.

Insurance is an issue. In any GB there will always be one or two that do not get through. After experience with GB #1, I have decided to impose a $3 insurance fee on all orders, regardless of destination. This is for the benefit of all concerned; it's no fun if it doesn't get through, and it's no fun for me having to repeat my original despatch and pay shipping, materials and labor a second time.

Fire away, this is one helluva amp, very good value for money!

PRICES:

Two boards only $AUD58
Two boards with fitted mosfet VAS and two jfet 2SK170 GR and two mosfet DN2530 $AUD68

If you want four boards, with parts or without, simply double the above prices to $AUD116 and $AUD136 respectively. These prices include shipping and insurance to any part of the world.

You'll note the Oz dollar has dropped about six cents since two weeks back, no bad thing. I've raised the purchase prices by $5 simply because shipping is rather more expensive than I'd originally planned.

There have been numerous small additions to the documentation and the reviews are now rolling in and speak for themselves. Recommended for late night listening over a malt whisky.....

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• FetZillbuild1.doc
    142.5 KB · Views: 316
  • FetzillaPSschem.gif
    FetzillaPSschem.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,901
  • FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,873
  • FetzillaPCB.gif
    FetzillaPCB.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,820
  • FetzillaPCBovlLeft.gif
    FetzillaPCBovlLeft.gif
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,761
  • FetzillaPCBovlRight.gif
    FetzillaPCBovlRight.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,672
  • FetZillaPhase4.jpg
    FetZillaPhase4.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 994
  • FETzillapartslist.doc
    32 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Hi Colin,

Great news!! Pleased you like the FetZilla!

Here we go again:

4P Sonocon Germany
4P Woody MA USA
4P Col_S Thirroul NSW Aust
2P RKH CO USA
2P Syklab HK China

That's now at 16, those guys who put their orders on the other thread, could you please consolidate them here?

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Everard, Igor,

You are on the list - thank you for your orders, appreciated!

4P Sonocon Germany
4P Woody MA USA
2P RKH CO USA
2P Syklab HK China
4P Taniknight Safety Beach Victoria Aust
2P Sasha UK
2P PeteMcK Sydney Aust
2P Eparsons Woodinville WA USA
2P Ipolyakov CA USA

We are building fast and now up to 28 pcbs!!

Cheers,

Hugh

FOLKS,

Notice I have made some important amendments to the GB #2 offer. They concern insurance, which in light of the inevitable loss/damage issues which arise with any mass mailout I have decided should attract a small premium, in this case of $AUD3.

This is MUCH cheaper than formal insurance at my local post office, and simply reflects the fact that Aspen will self-insure, that is, underwrite the GB.

Cheers,

Hugh

Latest List:

4P Sonocon Germany
4P Woody MA USA
4P RKH CO USA
2P Syklab HK China
4P Taniknight Safety Beach Victoria Aust
2P Sasha UK
2P PeteMcK Sydney Aust
2P Eparsons Woodinville WA USA
2P Ipolyakov CA USA
4P Mohora ? ?
2P Johnny2Bad ? Canada
2P Peter Rekkers The Hague Netherlands

Thanks Johnny, Mohora and Peter, appreciate the orders. We are now up to 38 pcbs and it won't be long before I pull the switch on production.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Hugh,

AU $3 insurance is fine by me, though I hope we can still meet up over a local ale for me to collect the boards.

Either way I'm still happy to insure as it will give you the funds to cover other possible losses. I've had things paid for by others on this site, so pay it forward I guess.

Regards,
Tani.

Hugh,

Great stuff. Meeting place is up to you I guess... both are closer to me than they are to you. Mornington serves up nicer everything though so might be more enjoyable, yet it's further for you to travel.

Anyway, we'll tee it up when the boards are at hand.

Cheers,
Tani.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.