• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

GK-1: Right channel dead

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, nothing on pricing yet, Jens, but yes, the gold pin will be fine and dandy - it's designed for both the 6ES8 and the 6922, just as was the GK1.

But because of the topology, it sounds a whole lot better. This is magic, I can't quite figure it out myself, but it's the result of much trial and error and almost ten years of on and off trials.

Hugh

Well, you hereby have my order for one GK-2, completed board!

Cheers,

Jens

Now, who here would be interested in an even better GK1, perhaps the GK2?

It would, however, be supplied as a fully working analog module, you fit it to a box etc....

I have been working on this on and off for years, and now, after the third strike, I've actually produced something which sounds almost supernatural, it is extraordinary.

Cheers,

Hugh

I'll be in for one, Hugh. :D So it will just replace the main board in my GK1-R?

Regards,

Andy

Music is back!!

Hi Hugh,

Tested my GK-1 yesterday after replacing R2 with with wire link, both channels.

Music flowed!

Unfortunately, I did not have the possibility of testing in my main system with the Equilibrium speakers, but I'm confident that everything is A-OK ;-)

Cheers,

Jens

Hi Hugh,

Finally got time time to reinstate the GK-1 into my main system last night ;)

Music flowed right away - and what a bliss to get the GK-1 back in the system! It's just so much more natural and relaxed than my spare preamp (which is in no way a cheap one) :D

Now, looking forward to news about delivery of my GK-2! :rofl:

Cheers,

Jens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.