• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ken,

You don't imagine our representatives are immune from hubris, stupidity and all the other crimes that go with democracy in decay, do you?

However, thank you for your offer...... do I get the AA credit rating, do you think?

Fran,

I admit the range is marvellous from these guys, but I'm forever jaded by the high cost of international shipping, someone is making a fortune and it ain't us.....

Hugh

Thanks Ken,

Ah, Mouser/Digikey, where you can order $20 of parts from Oz and pay $30 FedEx to move 50 grams across the pond.....

When I reincarnate I want to come back as an international courier!

Hugh

I think alot of the cost is the courier at both ends. NZ Post just announced surface mail is ending October this year due to falling demand. I think post is the only way to shift things in a cost effective manner.

Sandy,

When the pcbs come in, I will broadcast it here, and ask people who are on the list to send me their paypal payments and their address for shipping. From that point forward, I will get cracking on despatch.

My apologies if this was not clear, a bit vague at present, Slartibartfast strikes again......

Cheers,

Hugh

Progress to date:

1. All semis have arrived.
2. Pcbs have not yet arrived, expecting them this week.
3. I'm ready to receive full name and shipping address but not yet ready to take the money as I do not yet have the pcbs to send. Until they arrive, don't pay!
4. There is provision on the pcbs for experimentation with compensation and phase lead, so don't be concerned that you won't be able to tweak the FetZilla!

Cheers,

Hugh

Yes, Fran,

That's aspen01 -at- optusnet.com.au. It saves a cut 'n paste for me, but either way - here or there - is just fine.

As mentioned, I'm expecting the pcbs this week, but there's been a hiatus for some reason (warning Will Robinson: dealing through international couriers with Chinese companies and banks is fraught with difficulties) and I still don't have them - having paid LONG ago.

Cheers,

Hugh

Folks,

Still waiting on the pcbs from China. Why, you may well ask?

Well, Singapore Speedpost LOST them. Yup, LOST the package. Amazing. Fell out of the cargo hold on a 747 cargo liner. Amazin' stuff really.

New ones ordered, should be here first thing next week.

Sincere apologies to all FetZilla afficionados. This one was quite outside my control, regrettably, but I'm working on it..... it won't happen again. Hell, it can't!!

Cheers,

Hugh

You know, I often think that true happiness, a state of mind no less, is only possible if you have at one time experienced true misery.... the two conditions are necessary to establish the clear limits.

Example: Heaven: Greeted by the British, fed by the French, entertained by the Italians, organised by the Germans.
Hell: Greeted by the French, fed by the British, entertained by the Germans, organised by the Italians.

- with apologies to the national stereotypes, it's just a joke, but like all jokes, some truth in it.

The Chinese pcb maker was absolutely marvellous. This is very impressive; the Chinese have considerable honor in these matters and are concerned for their customers. My public thanks to Greentek Electronics Co Ltd in Shenzhen.

Cheers,

Hugh

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I assume from what you say, Hugh, that Greentek have offered to replace the consignment free of charge. That would indeed be a marvellous gesture.
I don't how how I could see a shiny side to blowing the payment for 100 PCBs, though.
This is at irrevocable L.O.C level of transaction, I guess?

Yes, Ian, in a way. The money was transferred by International Bank Draft, and showing the way, went horribly wrong. The Bank of Shenzhen refused to pass on the money to Greentek because the company was not correctly identified; I'd omitted Co., Ltd in the recipient box. This required a costly 'amendment' from my Bank, which took more than a week to respond. Finally the Bank of Shenzhen, which remained ominously silent throughout, moved the money across, having had the use of it for nearly three weeks, and Greentek, who by this point had actually sent the boards, finally notified me it was through.

Then the shipment went astray after frantic inquiries with Australia Post my end, who insisted they had no such tracking number and the package had not been delivered. Only after inquiry to Singapore Speedpost by Greentek were we told the package had been lost, sorry.

There are two morals to this story. Firstly, try to deal only with companies who have the foresight and trust to use Paypal. Expensive it might be, but it's much cheaper than the 'internet enabled' 20th century bank draft system. I finished up paying some 17% of the total cost in bank charges, and this is to be avoided if possible. Secondly, things do go astray, and the cheapest carrier from Shenzhen, Singapore Speedpost, has much to answer for. Now that was a surprise. For someone who has marvelled at the efficiencies I see all around me at Changi International Airport I'm astonished this could have gone so bad, and the loss was not even informed to the customer.

The smart guy learns from the mistakes of others. I've made a mistake here, so now it's over to you guys to learn from it!

Heartfelt thanks to all for patience and forbearance, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.