• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Swordfishy/ASPEN FETZILLA power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
post218.
Is superSOT-3 in fig 8 of appendix B the same as SOT23
From the the Fairchild drawings, these are near the same. The super-size just has a larger overall case by some 0.1mm and thicker legs,
though tolerances swamp this anyway.

Neither are like the larger SOT223, which incorporates a wide conductor leg, to which the die is internally mounted, one side and all 3 - G,D,S or B,C,E legs on the other.

FETZILLA Group Buy

Fetzilla pcb Group Buy Update 23rd July 2011 - Now at 84 boards!!

2+P JoMo Adelaide SA Australia
2+P Ian Finch Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
2+P Gennaji Hyderabad India
2 Ken Lewis LA USA
4+P Ron Russell Kent UK
2+P John Kenny Dublin Ireland
2+P Francis Morrin Dublin Ireland
2+P Vitalica Bucharest Romania
2+P Erik Deinum Groningen Netherlands
2+P Keith Correa ? India
2 Igor Polyakov California (city?) USA
2 Steve (aka SRH) Whangarei New Zealand
2+P George (aka JKC) Calgary Canada
2+P Anthony Mills Gold Coast Australia
2+P Dinesh (aka Chlorofille) Christchurch New Zealand
2+P Colin S. (?) (city?) NSW Australia
2 Chris Powell Sydney Australia
2+P Danny (?) Lierde Belgium
2 Sonnya (?) City (?) Denmark
4+P Jozua Cape Town South Africa
2 JT (? aka Sandyhooker) City (?) Arizona USA
2+P Nicola City (?) Vincenza Italy
2+P Sparkey (Brian ?) Melbourne Australia
2+P Chalkandtalk (?) City (?) NW England UK
4+P Woody1911a1 (?) Marblehead , MA USA
4+P George Cherhit Sacramento CA USA
2+P Tore Martensson Malmoe Sweden
2+P Steve Harrison Rock Springs WY USA
2 Kannan_S Austin TX USA
2+P NCC (?) Hanoi Vietnam
2+P VZS (Zsolt ?) Cluj-Napoca Romania
4+P Vitalica Bucharest Romania
2+P John Hambek Fort Worth TX USA
2+P Halcon83 City? USA
2+P Jonathon Rosser City? UK
2+P Ganck (?) Singapore
2+P Spyros (aka Spirtos) Athens Greece

My apologies Folks, but I will close off this group buy in 4 boards - JUST FOUR PCBS MORE - as the pcb order, which went in yesterday, is limited to 100 pcbs. The remainder I will require for my own porpoises......

Again, all documentation attached.

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• FetzillaPCB.gif
    FetzillaPCB.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 495
  • FetzillaPCBcenter.gif
    FetzillaPCBcenter.gif
    68.8 KB · Views: 491
  • FetzillaPCBovlLeft.gif
    FetzillaPCBovlLeft.gif
    122.6 KB · Views: 481
  • FetzillaPCBovlRight.gif
    FetzillaPCBovlRight.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 472
  • FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    FetzillaSCHEM.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 493
  • FetzillaPSschem.gif
    FetzillaPSschem.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 221
  • FetzillaBottomLayer.gif
    FetzillaBottomLayer.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 176
  • FetzillaTopLayer.gif
    FetzillaTopLayer.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 116
  • FETzillapartslist.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 97
FETZILLA Group Buy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fetzilla Update 24th July 2011 - Now at 88 boards, GROUP BUY NOW CLOSED!!

2+P JoMo Adelaide SA Australia
2+P Ian Finch Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
2+P Gennaji Hyderabad India
2 Ken Lewis LA USA
4+P Ron Russell Kent UK
2+P John Kenny Dublin Ireland
2+P Francis Morrin Dublin Ireland
2+P Vitalica Bucharest Romania
2+P Erik Deinum Groningen Netherlands
2+P Keith Correa ? India
2 Igor Polyakov California (city?) USA
2 Steve (aka SRH) Whangarei New Zealand
2+P George (aka JKC) Calgary Canada
2+P Anthony Mills Gold Coast Australia
2+P Dinesh (aka Chlorofille) Christchurch New Zealand
2+P Colin S. (?) (city?) NSW Australia
2 Chris Powell Sydney Australia
2+P Danny (?) Lierde Belgium
2 Sonnya (?) City (?) Denmark
4+P Jozua Cape Town South Africa
2 JT (? aka Sandyhooker) City (?) Arizona USA
2+P Nicola City (?) Vincenza Italy
2+P Sparkey (Brian ?) Melbourne Australia
2+P Chalkandtalk (?) City (?) NW England UK
4+P Woody1911a1 (?) Marblehead , MA USA
4+P George Cherhit Sacramento CA USA
2+P Tore Martensson Malmoe Sweden
2+P Steve Harrison Rock Springs WY USA
2 Kannan_S Austin TX USA
2+P NCC (?) Hanoi Vietnam
2+P VZS (Zsolt ?) Cluj-Napoca Romania
4+P Vitalica Bucharest Romania
2+P John Hambek Fort Worth TX USA
2+P Halcon83 City? USA
2+P Jonathon Rosser City? UK
2+P Ganck (?) Singapore
2+P Spyros (aka Spirtos) Athens Greece
2+P Audiofanatic Jose Nebrus, Utrecht, Nederlands
2 Andrew T Scottish borders UK

OK, that's it folks, this project closed. If demand is strong after reports to DIYaudio of outstanding sound, I may decide to have another 100 boards produced but only if demand matches the present experience.

Some who sent me emails to my company address via my website missed out because orders were officially taken from this forum, for all to see. I am very sorry about this; perhaps next time. In the meantime you have all the necessary information to build your own from the graphics and parts list I have posted, so it's not all bad.

The boards are now ordered, prepaid, and in process, and I should be able to start distributing within about two weeks IFF I can also get the Digikey/Mouser parts within this interval (highly likely).

A very good experience, Folks, thank you for a terrific group buy, now the work begins for us!!

Hugh

Last edited:
Thanks Fran, Jozua,

All noted, appreciated,

COSTS:

$AUD50 for two pcbs, including shipping to anywhere in the world.
$AUD60 for two pcbs, parts, and shipping anywhere.

Double these for four pcbs and four pcbs and parts, and add another $8 for shipping. That is, $AUD108 and $AUD128 respectively.

The reason shipping increases alarmingly is that once you go over 125grams in Oz, international shipping skyrockets. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it, since all the international couriers are US or European based and their rates are about 50-100% higher again.

You all realise we are downunder, OZ IS A LONG WAY AWAY AND SHIPPING IS PROHIBITIVE.

DO NOT PAY just yet. I have yet to take delivery of the pcbs and the parts, and the last thing I want is justly irate DIYers knocking on my mailbox upset with delays!! I will inform all in this thread when they arrive, and then ask respectfully for the money delivered to my paypal email address (same as my website email address under CONTACT.)

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
25th July: Jfet 2SK170GR, mosfet ZVP2110G and mosfet DN2530 all ordered today and will be despatched via FedEx to my Australian address within one week. Pcbs are expected within 8 working days, viz by Friday 5th August.

I should then be able to start meeting the group orders by Monday 8th August.

This is the anticipated timeline; note that due to unforseen incidents there may be delays, but this is the intention!

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh,

All your effort along with all the others is really appreciated! I'm working on my purchase list, that I will be happy to share as well. A couple of questions:

Cap C8 470uf 16v Nichicon - Mouser has lots of choices in the value is there a prefered one?

Cap(s) C15 thru 18, can't find Nichicon "KMH" either at mouser or digikey other choice(s)?

Thanks again.

Ken

HI Ken,

Good questions.

Cap choices border on the religious these days.

The fb shunt cap is rated to 16VW and bypassed by a 4.7V zener to prevent 'accidents', so you could conceivably reduce it to as low as 6.3VW. This is not a preferred voltage rating, used only by Black Gate and some specialty makers I understand, but 10VW would also be fine.

The power supply filter caps will see 36V rails, so in keeping with the 80% rule, 50VW is just fine. This makes them small, so you could go to 6,800uF if you wished but be sure to use BYV32E ultrafast soft recovery diodes, as these have 110A surge rating suitable for the larger caps. Otherwise, for the 4,700uF caps specified, BYQ28E are fine.

Do not use Schottkys in the bridges. To my ears at least they do not sound as good as the cheaper and more robust UFSR Philips beasts.

I like Nichicon, the switch mode UCCs specced for 100KHz, the Silmics (hard to find now), the Hitano EXR (very good caps and cheap) and any of the Panasonic series, particularly the audiophile grade.

I have opened out the pin spacing for the small film caps that bypass the large filter caps on each rail. It can now be 5ps, 10ps, 15ps or 20ps. Paul tells me today that Mouser have a new Panasonic polypropylene cap - 1.5uF @ $2.05 part number 667-ECW-F2155JB which should be the cat's miaow......

Hope this is helpful,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.