• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

gk-1r digitial control fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My aksa preamp has developed a fault with the digital control. one of the front panel leds is lit which indicates the system has power however i cannot switch inputs using the keypad or remote or adjust the volume using the remote.

appears a number of power outages may have occurred whilst at i have been at work due to washing machines and dishwashers running at the same time....

im going to start looking at the digital control board, though as yet i dont have a cro so it will be difficult to test if the crystal is operating.

any likely components i should be looking at?

Foster,

This might be a blown microprocessor, but check there is five volts on the micro pcb, and be sure that all your interconnecting cables are good; remove, reinstall to clean the connections.

The easiest way out if these simple tests fail to turn up the cause would be to replace the micro, not too difficult.

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.