Yamaha KX-R430 tape deck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I have a Yamaha KX-R430 tape deck that has no functions,it has power but no play,rewind,fast-forward ect... the only thing I can find wrong is on a voltage check was Q26(dte114es) it has 2.8v on the base when it should be on the collector,I installed a new transistor thinking that was the problem but no it wasn't that at all? So its probably an error in the service manual? Has anyone had experience with these decks at all?

Last edited:
Functionally It's An Inverter...

The DTE114ES is a transistor, with inbuilt resistors to lessen board density! I don't know where you got the idea it was an inverter?
DTC114Y-pinout.jpg

This is not a standard 'linear' transistor. Usage is in digital/control circuits, not analog circuitry.
I sent you a PM offering to help a week ago.

Dan.

The DTE114ES is a transistor, with inbuilt resistors to lessen board density! I don't know where you got the idea it was an inverter?

This is a problem with many posters that have not repaired even a dozen of these things and they start challanging those that have done this the whole of their working life, 30+years in my case.

Gajanan Phadte

Inherent knowledge and opinions are a big hurdle in the path of knowledge.(self)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.