Wow.. amplifier case.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Pictures...

My plan is to use this for my N-channel project.

Arne K
NORWAY

(with all this free advertising, I should get another chassis cheap?) ;)

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,134
Hi all,
I'm a taiwanese and therefore I can understand all the text in that website. It's in fact website of a store which sells ONLY parts for audio, and nothing is cheap in it.
However, as far as I see in the web page, most of the chasis you mentioned are not manufactured in Taiwan. I don't know where they are manufactured. Perhaps you will be able to find some other cheaper suppliers, but definitely not on this website. 8000TWD for a single chasis is definitely way too much.

Nobody offers cases these days that I would touch. There MUST be a market out there! I guess the alternative is to buy myself a milling machine (or get friendly with the guys at the local metalwork school) and start making monolithic enclosures like others before me.

Petter

I kind of have to agree.

In fact I just started a thread asking about good high quality cases. I should copy the link over here. It was an Italian firm I think, and they weren't bad at all. 10mm alu front panel, engraving service, milling service. A straight out case with no extras was fairly good value.

However, Monolithic.... :D:D:D That's the aim for me too!

My idea so far is this:

(1) Look and see if I can find what I want
(2) When I fail, go to (3)
(3) Buy some lumps of heatsink, use as the 'sides' of the enclosure.
(4) Order some equal thickness ally plate (8-12mm) and pay for the privilege of someone else CNC cutting them to size. Drilling & countersinking holes where I ask.
(5) Drill and tap corresponding holes in the heatsinks myself, attach sides, and make the rear panel myself (no-one will see it anyway)
(6) Drill front panel myself, finish with rub-on transfer lettering and attach any feet I find laying around.

Might as well just start a business myself :D
(
(5)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.