will the REAL Peerless please stand up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a pic.

Attachments

• peerless 1.jpg
    peerless 1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 204
these woofers are NOT what i bought. so they might have better lineage.

the woofers i got (10") were clearly marked with a Peerless Denmark model number "831727" and the Peerless Denmark Logo and even came with a photocopy of the Peerless Denmark catalog.

this was about 12 years ago and i did not have a camera then. since the woofers disappointed i trashed them.

i see that part of the label is blacked out. was that done by you or did the woofers come like that.

at least they look genuin enough, tough looking through what eltek has (norwegian DIY driver supplyer) they dont have anything with those numbers, and they'v got a lot of peerless.

little thig to keep in mind though:
If i seems to good to be true, it usally is to good to be true.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
There is a fellow on the board who works for a Canadian DIY supplier, who came upon a batch of Peerless drivers which do not correspond to any Peerless numbers, either.

It turns out that when Peerless makes a batch of drivers for a manufacturer, they assign a number to that driver even though it has been custom tailored for that one manufacturer.

So if Peerless never sold this driver to the general public, it might have still released the surplus to a DIY supplier. It happened to this Canadian member.

It happened to this Canadian member.

I got them yesterday. They look pretty good, and I would guess that they are genuine.
The blacked out bit on the back says 'manufacured for ***** acoustics', with the one word pretty agressively scrubbed out, so they were likely overruns, or leftover from production.
Now I have to figure out what to do with them. I guess I'll save that for another post.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.