• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Who's mark was on this obvious 6n23p?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was going through my tubes and found a generic white box with my hand writing on the end marking it "6DJ8?"

It's quite obviously a 6n23p. The construction is identical to my Voskhod 6n23p tubes. Which is of course a soviet 6dj8.

I don't remember when i bought it. Probably got it on ebay.

And i can't quite make out the logo? a lot of the paint is gone.

Sorry for the crap photo - tubes are hard to photograph with a phone.

GPzu4kHSsnv-Q1Gb-SUDOsaQgu-nyuQ2HonEQlOyKezi5LCK2bPlvGjNZiaRqzwmuJ3iBhVReanjcbxUUjEr9YSHdl74k6iUaLzMCKZ54VLSY6OghnoPC1jhj3wT0K8Xa5SiQq6alnihDAbixtWcpWD_tkp-xbf-7vk18kxm9_qVtsfecGS1w27C-qZksSlSlNcX2ECn0e78nyBSscV_e3HWE0kALXkFxM0GP7xmcxG6mSZWPw-9SXQ-5Hh0-_KtMzxWY39QAtH-bel4kmk-afV_W-pOx7PjlzYpkC8dWWcndHU7oydg5V_wGGIkZfs2qxwg1HX6e5z_ts4sIZ7RF15cf_kVJEJZFzKrzVr4Tuu3HzFxUNfuHcUYRjCdaZXQMxs0MGdIUVLvCrNTcAk4XzdqTO9t4EpsTWIihVl9F5dFQ3jnsM92fRNztaU0uRclgCH1ypKYnkb2jAKOABmDRKHtyA9j8hdQ67uvV8UmIWZYiPsxCjihD2u0p-sbB1o18Qtn2G8kpDT-mHi-kThWn2_mGcVs8D5J5xK4zZ9Uw--kBG4Z3YJd55oQSyOqN0kQct6W=w1600-h767-no

Your photo leaves a lot to the imagination.

The attached might help.

dave

The markings on the tube leave a lot to the imagination.

I'm familiar with all the standard soviet markings. This doesn't have the laser etching that my Voskhod tubes have, which is why i wonder. I don't recall if my Reflektor or Orel tubes have etched marks.

But i guess it doesn't really matter.

Funny coincidence. I was just looking at some unmarked tubes in my stash yesterday.

I believe them to be 6n23p tubes as well and they do not appear to have ever been marked in any way (at least I can't see anything despite plenty of heavy breathing and holding at odd angles). Plate structure on mine looks like pictures of 6n23p's and the pinout looks like a match (I have young eyes). The tubes themselves are very pretty and seem well made.

Is it common for soviet military or surplus tubes to lack markings altogether? Judging by the pins, the few I have were never used for anything.

The bowl style getter is a dead giveaway for soviet tubes, generally.

Dunno if it was common for them to be unmarked.

I hear that as 6dj8 types go, the 6n23p is pretty good. The 6n1p is no slouch either, but it wants twice the heater and twice the b+

I have an all-tube headphone amp with one 6n1p-ev and one 6n6p-i per channel at about 320V and i consider it to be fairly excellent.

These mystery tubes were in a box along with a few 6s45p's (marked) and so I just figured that they were soviet and compared pinouts and plate structures until one looked about right. I'll check the getter when I get home, too.

What's the story with your headamp? Is that four tubes total (Aikido/Gomes/XPP)? Headphone amp is one of the things I'm considering building at the moment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.