Who can tell me anything about this unusual amplifier

ati

Banned
2007-09-16 8:33 pm
Wandering around the Internet I came across this, to me unusual solution amps, so I asked anyone who knows a little more to say about this concept. I made it, a little test, I listened and I can tell you that sounds very encouraging. So far I have not encountered this kind of input stage.Only I know about this is to be called complementary-differential input stage.Any helpful information is welcome.Thanks.

Moji Audio projekti

Attachments

• standardmk2.pdf
    24.2 KB · Views: 121
Wandering around the Internet I came across this, to me unusual solution amps, so I asked anyone who knows a little more to say about this concept. I made it, a little test, I listened and I can tell you that sounds very encouraging. So far I have not encountered this kind of input stage.Only I know about this is to be called complementary-differential input stage.Any helpful information is welcome.Thanks.

Moji Audio projekti

The two input transistors are just a standard differential, albeit they are of different polarity.
This way you save a resistor or CCS at the emitters.

I saw in the '90 an amplifier on Internet the resembles this one. I'll try to retrieve the link (it was someting like q4tech (but it is not q4tech.com))