Where to get best deals on Fostex FE126en or MA Alpair 7 in the states?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As Greg says, Madisound carries both, but Bob at CSS in Surrey should have any of the Mark Audio in stock.
Creative Sound - Speakers and Parts Product List

By the time you calculate the currency exchange, shipping and landed duty/PST costs etc, you might not be any further ahead getting them from any dealer selling in USD.

And don't overlook the Pluvia 7 - slightly more than half the cost of the A7s, and while I've used the Fostex in the past, for my money the Pluvia is a better sounding driver than the FE126EN

I've heard all of these drivers in the FH3, and if your budget can be stretched, and you have enough power, AFAIC the A7.3 is the winner.

You could drop Cal Weldon a line, and maybe arrange for a listening session with his FH3, using CHR70s now, IINM?

Thanks for the tips!!! I didn't even know there someone on this side of the boarder carries them!

Correct me if I am wrong. The Pluvia 7 is a CHR70 with a thin mounting bracket?

Alpair 7 is a CHR70 with glorified magnet?

I assume Cal is a member here on this forum?

So A7.3 is an Alpair 7 gen 3?

To Err is human. No wonder tube amp sounds better.

Thanks for the tips!!! I didn't even know there someone on this side of the boarder carries them!

Correct me if I am wrong. The Pluvia 7 is a CHR70 with a thin mounting bracket?

pretty much - well actually we find it a bit more refined than that

more than that, actually

I assume Cal is a member here on this forum?
yes, and more than that actually :)
yes

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The Pluvia 7 is a CHR70 with a thin mounting bracket?

The 1st UK units may have looked like that, but they have better control at the top and better balance overall. They also fit into a box much closer to that of the EL70, whereas CHR likes (in general) a smaller box.

The current version of the P7 adds a dimpled dust cap, i haven't heard that, but i expect that brings things into even greater control up top.

Alpair 7 is a completely different speaker with much greater delicacy & finesse and DDR/Detail than the CHR. Even at its higher price i figure it is better value than the CHR.

Yes.

500 A7 with no super gasket were made. Another 500 with super gaskets. Then the A7.3 which has gone thru many more detail changes.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.