• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

where r crossline master volumes from?

Hi everyone
Read a few forums that talk about crossline master volume versus
the dual pot post PI type. I have one on my 15watt amp and it works very
well. Doesn't change the tone and can get my sound at a useable volume.

The thing is, where does it come from (matchless amps have used them)
And can it work for Hi fi as the only volume control in the circuit.

I know there are a following of people that despise this type of volume, but
hey it works!!.



2009-01-17 2:41 pm
I needed to change my MV so my tremolo effect would work at low volumes. I needed to use either the crossline or the Larmar to resolve the problem. The crossline is scary to me and the Larmar worked perfectly so I never got to try it.

My assumption is that the PI outputs would need to be very balanced for the crossline to be appropriate for Hi Fi. And at all frequencies. Also too scary for me, not that I've built any Hi Fi stuff yet.