What brands are good these days?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Its been forever since I played with installing audio systems so I am completely out of the loop as to what are good brands names and what to absolutely stay away from these days. My application is not in a car, but in a boat, however the speakers will be going in the cabin so marine grade is not entirely necessary. I used to like Fosgates, Kickers (especially the round solobarics if that tells you how long its been), and Pioneer's upper end stuff. I'm looking for something that I can buy used on fleabay just to have decent tunes while on the water, no need to break the bank on competition grade stuff. Need amp and 2 subs. Boat already came with head unit and 4 mids (clarion), may also need an amp for mids too as they are currently run off the head unit.

What are you guys suggestions? Oh and it can be either enclosed or open air. Currently spot to install is open air under a seat but an enclosure can easily be put in for the speaker.

I would stick to Polk Audio!!!

it is not just the brand...it is the material used, quality, sound, design and price. I do not care too much about brands. it is like many people "swear' that Bose is top of the line in sound and in reality it is just the name that you are paying! They use the "cheap" parts as possible. Do not fall into it!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.